This position can be remote.
Doctolib Engineering environment is very rich. We are building innovative products and features aiming each day to ease doctors' and patient life.
We are looking for our next Engineer Manager to build a new feature teams and work on a new product called Notifications. The mission is to provide a scalable, robust and cost-efficient platform to communicate through SMS, Email and Push with our Patients and Doctors. It's a major challenge for a company as Doctolib!
To go beyond the ad please check our technical blog: https://medium.com/doctolib
You will be both a technical leader and a people manager. Coaching and training your team members and building an amazing engineering organization at Doctolib.
You will drive a high performing team, focusing on maximizing efficiency and empowering developers to build better products.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage and grow the performance and also career of each individual on your team
- With the Engineering Leadership team, set the roadmap for your team, and the end-to-end owner of the team’s production, quality, and delivery
- Participate in code reviews and be hands-on when required
- Lead cross functional initiatives to up-level our engineering team
- Partner with Talent & People teams to recruit, develop and retain talent
About our technical environment?
- We are working in Feature team: you will collaborate with your team, engineering leaders, product, and design teams. While keeping in touch with the others Feature with “Tech time”
- Working in an agile environment (you will enjoy lean startup methodology).
- You will be driven by code quality, code testing with the help of your peers for reviews.
- We are working on a monolith - You can check this video.
- Our stack is Ruby-on-Rails/React.
- We deploy 3 times per day - you can deep dive here.
- You can learn more about our values here and also here.
Why is mastering our stack not an issue?
You won’t be the first one not mastering Ruby/React - a lot of our Doctolibers learned once they arrived!
We believe that technology should serve the product. It’s more relevant to us to recruit people:
- sensitive to product & to users
- who share a pragmatic vision of coding
- who wants to learn from the others and to the others.
The interview process
The interview process
- Recruiter Call (30 min)
- Introductory Call (30 min)
- Feature Building (1h30)
- System Design (1h15) & EM Methodology (1h30)
More about the position
- Permanent Position
- Full time
- Location: Levallois-Perret
- This job is eligible to partial or full remote
About the remote policy at Doctolib
As of October 2021, we provide 3 working modes:
- Remote: you work remotely and meet your team at the office once a month
- Hybrid: you work remotely 2 to 3 days per week and from the office on the other days.
- Office-based: you work from the office.
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is one of Europe’s fastest growing healthcare technology companies. Everyday we strive to fulfill three entrepreneurial missions:
1. Improve the daily life of healthcare personnel
3. Build a team of entrepreneurs with humanist values
We are dedicated to creating useful solutions for healthcare personnel and patients, regardless of age, condition or location. We strongly believe in prioritizing data privacy as we continue to build services with a positive social impact for the long run.
At Doctolib, we don’t just accept diversity, we respect and celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each Doctoliber’s contribution to our mission!