Doctolib is hiring a Full Stack Engineer/Developer to work on our productivity software for doctors. You will be writing and deploying secure, well tested code that helps thousands of healthcare professionals spend more time caring for patients. 40 million patients use our website or our mobile app every month to book an appointment with a nearby doctor. That’s just the tip of the iceberg though, under the hood we help 100,000+ doctors by building software that increase their productivity.
Doctolib was built by it’s three co-founders in 2013. Our two technical co-founders Jessy and Ivan were the first Full Stack Developers here. As a Full Stack Developers you will work like them, deploying code into production every day, taking your own development decisions and developing an awesome user focused product that helps millions of people. What we are building is hyper secure, test driven and pragmatically user friendly. This is thanks to our tech values:
- User first: Both patients and professionals, we always put our users first.
- Ownership: The product must be ours so we can make the right decisions.
- Keep the stack simple: Be pragmatic, no tech just for the sake of tech.
- Learn & Grow: Everything goes fast, but we help you to grow and learn with us.
- Security and Reliability: We take this very seriously and embrace privacy by design.
As we want to provide the best services to our customers, we are building a Node.js packaged binary with Typescript we deploy directly on the computers of the doctors. The goal of this piece of software is to improve the user experience of our users by allowing them to work with several software as one (synchronising data, automating user tasks, integrating action buttons within softwares…).
To do so we need to integrate deeply within the windows or mac environment our customer uses, writing both typescript (for the main logic) or native code with C++ when we have to interact with the APIs of the operating systems. We also want to integrate the Doctolib web app as much as possible with this tool, which is why we are currently working on implementing an Electron App to bundle both the Doctolib application and this tool native tool.
To help you get this job, we prefer to hire an experienced Node.js developer with a background in system programming and C, C++ or similarly low level programming languages. An experience with typescript or Electron is a plus.
What we look for; is someone who is proactive, involved, curious and collaborative. You write test driven pragmatically engineered code. We don’t mind if you have not worked in a ruby/react environment, if you are ready to learn, we are ready to teach you. You are expected to complete a homework test and your code will be reviewed and discussed with you if it passes our tests.
As of October 2021, we provide 3 working modes:
- Remote: you work remotely and meet your team at the office once a month.
- Hybrid: you work remotely 2 to 3 days per week and from the office on the other days.
- Office-based: you work from the office.
What we offer
- Perks and benefits include a public transport ticket, corporate iPhone, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership, lunch vouchers and more.
- Company pension scheme
- 28 days of leave + 1 additional day for each year of service (up to. 30 days)
- A detailed and structured onboarding as part of our Doctolib Academy.
- Comprehensive learning opportunities such as our Doctolib e-learning programme, Learning Days and other training (e.g. soft skill training, product training and more.)
- Team-events and an annual company-offsite
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is one of Europe’s fastest growing healthcare technology companies. Everyday we strive to fulfill three entrepreneurial missions:
We are dedicated to creating useful solutions for healthcare personnel and patients, regardless of age, condition or location. We strongly believe in prioritizing data privacy as we continue to build services with a positive social impact for the long run.
At Doctolib, we don’t just accept diversity, we respect and celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each Doctoliber’s contribution to our mission!
You have the feeling to need more information? Feel free to dig into Doctolib's...
Ready to apply as Engineer at Doctolib now? Hit the apply button!