About the opportunity
Docket is changing how the world meets by making it easy to have awesome meetings. We’re building a meeting-focused workspace for collaborative agenda creation, decision documentation, and action item tracking with the goal of bringing greater clarity, transparency, and alignment to an organization’s meetings resulting in greater productivity and happier people.
We take pride in building consistent, user-friendly, and delightful experiences for our customers.
We are currently on the lookout for an experienced designer across a broad range of skill-sets; product design, communication design, web design, and illustration. At Docket, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape and drive the vision of the product.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to Docket's Product Manager, you will help envision how people interact with, and experience our website and product, and then translate that vision into the future designs for marketing material and the Docket user interface. You will transform complex processes into intuitive and easy-to-use designs (both Web and Mobile) that are understandable by both inexperienced and sophisticated users. You will collaborate closely with members of the product and engineering teams, in addition to marketing and executive leadership throughout the design process—from crafting user flows and wireframes, building user interface mockups and prototypes, facilitating design discussions, and giving feedback in planning and product channels by identifying new opportunities. At each stage, you will ensure consistency across product, website, and marketing materials as well as anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
As a designer, you are self-directed but balance this well in a team-oriented approach. You understand that done is preferable to perfect, but still strive to produce the best work possible in everything you do. You appreciate feedback, seek it often, and don’t take criticism personally. You own your work, making sure it meets the needs of the intended audience and that it’s done on time. You embrace ambiguity, are solution oriented, and thrive in a constantly changing environment while maintaining a great attitude.
Experience and Skills to Excel in this Role
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in UI/UX, with well-rounded expertise in visual design, interaction design, and prototyping -- ideally with SaaS products
- Deep understanding of responsive and adaptive design
- Ability to create and share design concepts, design and create graphics, as well as support the visual design of the corporate website
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Origami, Principal, or Framer
- A design portfolio that showcases skills
- Proven track record creating creative designs with clarity and consistency and being able to explain how they address the challenges our customers face
- Power to influence peers / managers and build consensus, while dealing with ambiguity
- Ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Ability to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Thrives in an environment with constant and quick iterations
- Experience working with customers to understand their product needs, and the communication skills necessary to translate these needs into engineerable flows and designs
- Obsessive attention to detail and “get it done” attitude
Why You’ll Love It
- You’ll be part of building a design culture that emphasizes learning and growth
- The opportunity to be on a team where your work is critical to the success of the company, our customers, and to everyone who wants to realize their professional potential
- You’ll have a strong voice in influencing the project roadmap direction how the product works
- You’ll be challenged to think creatively, strategically, and tactically on a day-to-day basis
- A fun and engaging team-based environment where we enjoy working hard and learning everyday
- Competitive pay for a young and growing company
- Stock options
- Employee Friendly Paid Time-off Policy
- Medical, dental & vision insurance w/ healthy company contributions
- Basic life and long term disability insurance
Docket is a rapidly-growing SaaS startup located in Indianapolis, IN. Docket consists of a team of engineers and product management and is looking to expand the team with a proficient designer. We personally and consistently use our product to drive our day to day business and client meetings, always striving to be an example of meeting best practice as well as giving us the opportunity to constantly put our product to the test and relate directly with our customers.
At Docket, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create an innovative product that will improve the way people live and strengthen their relationships. Docket is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.