Docket is changing how the world meets by making it easy to have awesome meetings. We’re building a meeting-focused workspace for collaborative agenda creation, decision documentation, and action item tracking with the goal of bringing greater clarity, transparency, and alignment to an organization’s meetings resulting in greater productivity and happier people.
We’re seeking a world-class Marketing leader with experience in attracting, engaging, and delighting users with a product-led growth strategy. We’re just getting started and this leader will be integral to bringing our product to market and making Docket an essential tool in all enterprises. We need passionate, entrepreneurial-minded individuals that are risk takers, big thinkers, creatives, and evangelists to help us build something incredible.
The Marketing Manager will own company positioning and demand generation, and will build thought leadership around the company’s market-leading solutions. Reporting to the CEO, this role will have a wide range of responsibilities, including market analysis, strategy, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, pricing, packaging and promotion of key products and solutions being undertaken by the business.
The ideal candidate will bring strategic vision, marketing savvy, strong communication skills, and a passion for execution. This individual will have a highly visible leadership role and drive joint initiatives across teams such as product, finance, sales, and customer success.
- You’re a passionate marketing leader with expertise in product-led growth strategies in a b2b SaaS environment
- Evolve company messaging to secure the company’s position as the trusted thought leader for marketing executives through content marketing and expert engagement of media, analysts and influencers.
- You have the ability to apply your marketing expertise across a broad spectrum of content marketing, email marketing, social media, events, and digital marketing.
- You can easily move from strategic marketing planning to tactical execution of the plan.
- You have a passion for startups, growth, and SaaS marketing.
- You are a voracious learner and desire to be continually challenged and learning new skills as the marketing discipline constantly evolves.
- You regularly roll up your sleeves to execute on a plan, doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You’re flexible and comfortable with change and ambiguity involved in early-stage startups.
Why You’ll Love It
- You’ll be part of building a culture that emphasizes learning and growth.
- You’ll have ownership of the marketing strategy for a product-led growth company.
- You’ll be challenged to think creatively, strategically, and tactically on a day-to-day basis.
- You’ll be responsible for managing the marketing spend and contractors that work with our team.
What You’ll Do
- Your goal is about one thing: Optimizing the entire funnel to attract more engaged customers.
- You will be responsible for all brand and content marketing programs including:
- Managing updates to website with current content, promotions, events, and work with the team to develop new pages as needed.
- Writing and editing blog posts and managing videos and other content to provide the best meeting practice education and inspiration to customers
- Plan and execute Docket’s paid media strategy and optimize paid campaigns and funnel metrics.
- Develop new avenues for growth and work to increase the virality of the Docket product, marketing channels, and business as a whole.
- Working with partners and vendors to execute on our SEO strategy
- Defining and Implementing the company’s social media strategy; creating, curating and publishing relevant content across all platforms
- Monitoring & facilitating online conversations with customers’ inquiries
- Researching, identifying and reaching out to relevant social media influencers to help build collaboration opportunities.
- Staying abreast of digital marketing, growth marketing and social media trends as well as updates to social media platforms to keep the brand current and relevant
- Creating and deploying emails campaigns and newsletters that reflect the brand and mission
- Managing the email subscriber database
- Managing our online reputation by monitoring, distributing and responding to online reviews.
- Preparing weekly reports to evaluate the performance of our marketing campaigns
- and more
Experience and Skills to Excel in this Role
- You have 4+ years of relevant marketing experience with increasing responsibility. A significant amount of this experience should include work in young, high-growth, SaaS marketing environments
- You've successfully launched a company, new product, or campaign and can point back to specific success metrics.
- You are deeply analytical and feel comfortable regularly reporting on results. You might even describe yourself as a data-driven marketer.
- You've written copy more than once for a new website launch, product launch, or company launch.
- You have experience working with Google Analytics, HubSpot, and Wordpress (or similar marketing tech stacks).
- You have experience working with Google Ads, social ad platforms, or other digital advertising platforms.
- You write creatively and edit concisely.
- You’re highly self-motivated, flexible and comfortable with change involved in early-stage startups
- You’re excited about the fast pace of a growing, changing startup environment, with the opportunity for growth as we build out the marketing team
- You’re self-directed, but also great at collaborating across disciplines and teams, including giving and receiving thoughtful feedback