Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases through deep commitment to understanding degeneration biology and rigorously applying the principles of translational medicine. Denali is seeking a motivated Research Scientist to join our Biology Discovery group. This individual will develop and perform in vitro and in vivo cell-based assays to support novel therapeutic target identification and validation. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, organized and able to collaborate with multiple groups to support the lysosomal biology and glia biology teams.
- Work under supervision of Denali senior scientists to conduct research in a dynamic, highly-collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Support identification and validation of targets using in vitro and in vivo
- Maintain detailed records of the experimental procedures and data in accordance with Denali policy
- Communicate experimental designs, protocols, and data to cross-functional teams and collaborators
- A Bachelors or Masters degree with at least 3 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience in biology, neuroscience, cell biology, or related field
- Extensive experience in molecular, biochemical, and cellular techniques, including mammalian cell culture and transfection, western blotting, immunohistochemistry, ELISA and qPCR
- Expertise in microscopy and image analysis is preferred
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills and enjoy collaborative environments
- Creative and inquisitive thinker who is eager to explore and learn new skills