Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
We are currently seeking to recruit a talented Postdoctoral Scientist to join our Pathway Biology group to explore mechanisms of lysosomal dysfunction linked to Parkinson’s disease (PD). Reporting to Anastasia Henry, the Postdoctoral Scientist will examine the molecular underpinnings of how variants in PD-linked proteins impact lysosomal function and lipid homeostasis and ultimately contribute to the pathogenesis of PD. The Postdoctoral Scientist will employ a cross-functional approach to work toward the ultimate goal of identifying novel potential targets for the treatment of PD.
- Perform research in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Collaborate with colleagues across diverse functional areas, including human genetics
and functional genomics, to achieve research goals
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and communicate clearly
- Design and implement assays to probe lysosomal function and identify novel regulators
- Attend conferences, write and publish manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience or related fields
- Proficiency in a broad range of biochemical and cellular techniques including
mammalian cell culture and transfection, western blotting, and immunofluorescence
- Expertise in live-cell imaging and quantitative image analysis
- Experience in the field of membrane trafficking or lysosomal biology is highly desired
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Creative thinker with a strong sense of responsibility and collaborative spirit
- Priority will be given to candidates with no or short (<1 year) prior postdoctoral
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.