Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to the development of breakthrough therapies for treating neurodegenerative diseases. We have a deep commitment to a biology-first approach and adherence to the principles of translational medicine. We are currently seeking to recruit an Associate Scientist to join our iPSC Technologies team. In this role, you will use cutting-edge technologies to generate and validate central nervous system (CNS) cell models. You will have opportunities to work closely with cell biologists, genomics scientists, and automation engineers and will be an integral member of our target validation and drug candidate selection efforts.
- Maintenance and scale-up of cell cultures, including differentiating induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and progenitor cells into relevant CNS cell types
- Design, coordinate and execute gene editing and cell line generation projects in iPSCs
- Collaborate with the lab automation team to develop & integrate methods to scale-up production of differentiated cell types and build high-throughput assays
- Maintain and validate a growing inventory of iPSC lines
- Keep detailed records of cell culture and quality control procedures, observations, data and results in electronic notebook entries
- Communicate results to team members and collaborators
Preferred Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Neurobiology, or a related field with 3+ years of industry experience OR M.S. in Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Neurobiology, or a related field with 1+ years of industry experience (preferred)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with sterile cell culture of immortalized mammalian cells, primary cells, or stem cells. Experience in differentiation of stem cells is highly desirable.
- Expertise in common molecular biology techniques e.g., DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, primer design, and molecular cloning.
- Experience with or a strong desire to learn Cas9-mediated gene editing and lentiviral cell line engineering.
- Experience with or interest in learning automation processes for cell culture and high-throughput cell assays
- Proficient in operating high-content imaging or flow cytometry instruments (e.g., Opera Phenix, BD Canto, BD FACSAria) and familiarity with data analysis software such as Prism, ImageJ, or FlowJo.
- Ability to multitask, communicate with cross-functional teams, and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.