Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join our Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering group and contribute to the discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. You will support the discovery, engineering, and characterization of therapeutic lead antibodies to maximize their therapeutic potential.
- Conduct high-throughput SPR binding screens to support antibody discovery, engineering, and development
- Develop and optimize biochemical and biophysical assays to interrogate protein: protein interactions, including SPR (Biacore), BLI (Octet), and other related techniques
- Communicate results within the Biosensors group and to cross-functional project teams
- Conduct data analysis and maintain compliance to good record keeping (ELN)
Master’s degree and 1+ year bioengineering, biochemistry, biophysics, or related discipline and industry experience
Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years bioengineering, biochemistry, biophysics, or related discipline and industry experience
- Experience with biochemistry techniques including protein quantitation, protein purification, and/or biophysical/biochemical assays
- General understanding of protein and antibody biophysical characterization methods
- Hands-on experience with Biacore T200, Biacore 8000, Octet Red, Kinexa, and/or microITC instruments
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.