Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
Reporting to the Senior Director, HR & People Support, the Principal Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will assist in leading, developing and executing the Human Resource (HR) strategy aligned to the company’s goals and objectives with specific client groups and work cross functionally within Denali. You will partner with functional leaders and employees to provide guidance and operational support regarding business partnering, Talent Acquisition, Organizational Development, Compensation, Benefits, HR Administration and Employee Relations within and across functional business areas.
- Serve as a business partner and advisor to ensure that HR strategy, goals and priorities are driven by and aligned with business needs. Consult, advise, coach and partner with functional leaders on people and organizational needs.
- Work closely with the appropriate Talent Acquisition Partner(s) to align for a seamless representation to client groups and hiring managers including recruiting strategy, sourcing, interview process and feedback, selection criteria, offer prep and onboarding.
- Support and provide input into learning and development opportunities for employees including on-the-job learning, formal development programs and access to external learning sources.
- Support the development of compensation and benefit strategies and guidelines for Denali employees to ensure the attraction and retention of highly specialized talent.
- Provide input into administration of and leverage HRIS and other HR systems in support of people objectives.
- Partner with senior leadership to implement processes to grow and develop employee skills and capabilities.
- Identify HR issues for client group(s), which will affect the company’s ability to meet its business goals, and, in collaboration with the Senior Director and other HR leaders, develop appropriate plan for organizational and staff development.
- Handle Employee Relations issues including working with managers to identify performance issues and implement appropriate measures to provide employees the opportunity to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field equivalent
- 7+ years of broad and progressive HR and/or people management experience
- 3+ years of HR business partnering experience
- Pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience
- Experience implementing processes, procedures and HR functionalities in an emerging leading-edge industry is strongly desired. Includes fluency with the use of leading-edge HR technology tools (HRIS, ATS)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent business judgment and discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively, facilitate interactions and resolve conflicts
- Proven leadership, program management, and project management skills
- Familiarity with employment immigration law (visa sponsorship, streamlining relocation guidelines and programs)
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.