Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Antibody Engineer to join our Antibody Discovery & Protein Engineering group. You will provide leadership and technical expertise in antibody engineering and preclinical drug discovery to drive therapeutic lead selection and pipeline progression of our antibody programs.Close collaboration with pharmacologists, biologists, medicinal chemists,structural biologists and protein biochemists will be essential to success.
- Partner with the Antibody Discovery group to take antibodies from hit generation though candidate ID by contributing to functional screening, humanization, optimization, and mechanistic studies
- Generate and screen combinatorial libraries for affinity maturation of tool and candidate antibody sequences using phage and/or yeast display
- Develop lead antibody panels by defining therapeutic MOAs and leveraging high-throughput screens, sequence analysis and affinity rankings
- Lead and participate in mechanistic studies, project reviews, publication and patent documentation for timely generation of data packages
PhD in biochemistry, structural biology, protein engineering or a related subject area and 4+ years of industry experience
MS and 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing therapeutic antibodies using a combination of manufacturability engineering, humanization, and affinity maturation in an industry setting
- Deep expertise in antibody or protein library generation and display technologies using phage, mammalian, or yeast display approaches
- Skilled in molecular biology techniques including molecular cloning, DNA mutagenesis, B cell sequencing, and NGS sequencing
- Skilled in the use of bioinformatic tools for sequence and structure analysis and rational design
- Good understanding of immunology, biochemistry, cellular biology and experienced with assay development
- Demonstrated team leadership
- Strong organization skills with excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated and ability to excel in a collaborative, fast paced and dynamic environment
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.