Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in South San Francisco, California that is dedicated to defeating neurodegenerative diseases through rigorous therapeutic discovery and development. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
In anticipation of the Company’s growth plans, the Translational Sciences team at Denali Therapeutics is seeking a Biomarker Senior Scientist, who will help advance our neurodegenerative diseases programs through biomarker driven development. You will help drive the biomarker strategy for programs from Discovery to Development phase. In particular, the Scientist will perform translational research to evaluate biomarkers related to human patient samples, relevant preclinical animal and cellular models, with an emphasis on Alzheimer’s diseases and ALS/FTD.
- Perform hands-on lab-based biomarker research in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Lead the validation and transfer of preclinical biomarker assays for clinical use and execution of clinical biomarker analysis
- Contribute to the translational biomarker strategies, incorporating the latest research findings into applicable preclinical assays to advance research projects
- Develop and implement preclinical biomarker assays to assess both peripheral and CNS PD responses and to demonstrate preclinical proof-of-concept for small and large molecule drug candidates. Collaborate with DMPK Scientists on advanced PKPD modeling and data analyses
- Collaborate with clinical scientists to develop clinical biomarker strategies and establish biomarker-based decision-making criteria for development programs
- Data analysis and presentation at various team levels
- Write, edit, and review preclinical protocols, reports, and regulatory documents
PhD or PharmD in in Neuroscience, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related discipline and 4+ years of drug discovery and development biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
Master’s degree and 7+ years experience of drug discovery and development biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years experience of drug discovery and development biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with multiple assay platforms including MSD, ELISA, Quanterix, RNAseq, biochemical assays and mass spec related methodology
- Experience in the validation and optimization of research assays for use in a clinical setting, including an understanding of relevant quality and regulatory considerations
- Experience in handling large biomarker sample set and data analysis
- Attention to details and excellent record keeping
- Record of high-level publications focused on translational science, biomarkers, neurobiology, biochemistry, immunology, cell biology and translational models
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with other scientists on cross-functional projects teams
- Motivated, scientifically driven with grit and creativity for complex problem solving
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.