Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine.
Denali Therapeutics is seeking to recruit a Senior Scientist in Clinical Pharmacology, who will be responsible for clinical pharmacology and modeling and simulation (M&S) strategies for Denali’s biologics and small molecule programs. The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of strategies and clinical pharmacology studies and will write, edit, and finalize appropriate sections of regulatory filings. S/he will also play a key role in interactions with global health authorities and business development partnerships. Working in close collaboration with Denali colleagues in Development Sciences, Early Clinical Development, Translational Sciences, and Discovery, the candidate will also help execute the company’s drug development strategy and will participate and/or lead cross-functional project teams. This position will report to the Head of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Devise and lead the Clinical Pharmacology and M&S strategies and plans for biologics and small molecule drug candidates from pre-IND and first-in-human to all later phases of clinical investigation, including pivotal Phase 2/3 studies and NDA/MAA/BLA submissions
- Develop clinical study designs and write study protocols, amendments, and reports, ensuring that designs and documents meet global regulatory and compliance requirements and project timelines
- Write, edit, and finalize sections of IND/CTA filings as well as NDA/MAA/BLA submissions
- Analyze, interpret, summarize, and present data to internal project teams, senior management, and to global health authorities.
- Conduct hands-on clinical PK/PD data analysis and advanced clinical modeling and simulation to support project needs
- PhD or PharmD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacology or related scientific discipline, with at least 5 years of relevant experience in Clinical Pharmacology and drug development in the pharmaceutical industry (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience performing quantitative PK/PD data analyses (e.g., NCA using Phoenix WinNonlin, population PK, exposure-response analyses, PBPK)
- Experience leading design and implementation of Clinical Pharmacology and M&S strategies, with experience in biologics preferred
- Excellent critical thinking and scientific skills, and a demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret, and clearly communicate complex PK/PD data
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on cross-functional projects teams, with guidance as needed
- Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Expertise in neuroscience indications and/or oligonucleotide drug development preferred