Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and to the principles of translational medicine.
In anticipation of the Company’s growth plans, Denali Therapeutics is seeking to recruit a Postdoctoral Scientist focusing on the dissection of molecular and cellular pathways underlying neurodegenerative diseases. Reporting to Staff Scientist Gil Di Paolo, the Denali Postdoctoral Scientist will perform translational research and explore novel lipid biology in relation to mechanisms of neurodegeneration and/or neuroinflammation, building upon our past studies (e.g., Nugent et al. Neuron 105, 2020; Logan et al. Cell 184, 2021).
- Perform research in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues across diverse functional areas to achieve research goals.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results and communicate clearly.
- Design and implement assays for the discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets.
- May attend conferences, write and publish manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neurobiology or related fields.
- Proficiency in a broad range of molecular genetics, biochemical, and cellular techniques including transfection, RNA interference, Western blotting, immunofluorescence and/or live imaging techniques, immunohistochemistry, and quantitative image analysis.
- Expertise in the culture of mammalian cell lines, primary neurons, microglia and/or macrophages.
- Experience in the field of membrane biology or lipid metabolism/transport is highly desired.
- Highly organized with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Creative and inquisitive thinker who is eager to explore and learn new skills.
- Priority will be given to candidates with no or short (Less than 1 year) prior postdoctoral experience.