Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through our deep commitment to degeneration biology and principles of translational medicine.
The Company is seeking to hire a Senior Scientist, DMPK with expertise in drug discovery and early development. The incumbent will elucidate the absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion and pharmacokinetic properties of small molecule drug candidates by integrating physicochemical properties, in vitro, and in vivo data, and translate these data to predictions of clinical PK and PD effect. The successful candidate will be a key DMPK contributor, guiding and implementing strategies throughout the life cycle of small molecule therapeutics. The incumbent will be a key team member for identifying and advancing lead drug candidates in collaboration with colleagues in Medicinal Chemistry, Safety Assessment, Biology, Development Sciences, and Clinical Development.
- Be a key contributor to DMPK strategy by acting on interdisciplinary discovery and development project teams to identify and address ADME-centered matters for small molecule therapies
- Guide project teams to characterize, select, and advance small molecules with ADME properties that are fit to the therapeutic profile; accomplishing this through designing and integrating data from in vitro and preclinical pharmacokinetic/toxicokinetic studies, and translating to predictions of human PK, PD, and safety
- Act as a key member of Pharmacology teams to develop and execute strategies for nonclinical and clinical ADME characterization of candidate molecules to support their advancement in clinic studies
- Identify and employ new technologies and strategies that address current and future ADME challenges
- Manage the conduct of experiments/studies at external laboratories; review and evaluate protocols, results and reports
- Mentor DMPK scientists
- Write Nonclinical Pharmacology sections of regulatory (IND/CTA) filings and IB updates
- Serve as a subject matter expert in composing responses to regulatory queries
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry or related scientific discipline with a minimum 3-5 years of biotech/pharmaceutical drug discovery and development experience; or BS/MS with 10+ years of experience.
- Excellent critical thinking and scientific skills with proven scientific expertise in small molecule metabolism and pharmacokinetics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with scientists on cross-functional projects teams
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills