A hungry, strategic, creative, collaborative comms professional who wants to make a difference on the accounts you work on and the agency you join. You have an outlook that is:
- Team oriented “we” over “I”
- Positive and inspirational
- Energized and charismatic
- Humble and inquisitive
- Agile and adaptable
A fast-growing, small agency with big reach. We have a simple but powerful belief: every patient, disease and therapy is different – therefore every message, stakeholder, and challenge needs to be approached in a unique way. We are made up of:
- Digital natives
- PhD-level scientists
About the role
This person will be responsible for managing and working closely with a cross-functional team from across the broader IPG network that includes CX, digital, earned media and creative. They will drive the day-to-day work for an exciting bio-tech start-up, including large-scale campaigns, with a focus on reaching healthcare professionals and consumer audiences for an ultra-rare disease. This person will have the opportunity to lead the development of campaign materials and drive execution to ensure the team achieves results and maximum impact. The ideal candidate possesses strong experience in health communications or advertising, is curious and excited to experiment and explore new ideas/new channels, is proactive, resourceful, has an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoys growing and cultivating staff.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading workstreams across a mix of advertising materials, PR activities and digital activations. This person will:
- Serve as one of the day-to-day contacts for clients
- Serve as a partner to account SVP and VP, proactively assisting in driving elements of day-to-day forward with the team
- Partner with cross-functional leads to advance assignments
- Ensure high quality work from integrated team
- Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met
- Drive internal and external meetings
- Collaborate to develop integrated media programs that are strategically sound and based on insights
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Oversee the junior team for the review process of materials in partnership with team leads
- Triage and respond to client requests
- Continually look for opportunities to optimize work and deliverables
- Understand client business challenges, asks, and be able to pull together the right deliverable and recommendations
- Ensure campaign components stay on strategy through execution and deliver on business objectives
- Participate in yearly planning
- Assist with budget management and finance activities
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- ~5-7 years of agency or in-house experience
- Understanding of a regulated space
- Ability to lead/manage multiple clients and programs, along with client expectations and timelines
- Mentor and train junior team members
- Can promote a culture of collaboration and teamwork across organizational functions
- Outstanding communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in sculpting and telling a cohesive story
- Focused on problem solving
- Understanding of social and digital platforms and emerging trends in the healthcare space
- Experience with integrated agency teams (Earned Media, Digital, Partnerships, Creative) a plus
- Experience with earned media a plus
dna – the details (this is the section where we humble brag)
dna has won two Cannes Bronze Lions awards in the past two year and 15 awards for creative execution in the past year, including a Global Sabre as one of the best 5 campaigns executed worldwide. It’s not by accident. We have a Creativity team focused on finding a spark for all that we do, from ideation sessions to weekly creative power hours. And we host an annual Creativity Day centered around an off-site activity, like a trip to the museum or an improv class, all designed to excite an inspire.
dna prides itself on delivering a difference making employee experience. We invest in our team and put culture front and center through a variety of programs, policies and events. It’s all about growth and opportunity. If you are looking for a company where you will have the chance to contribute, grow and set a career path that meets your interests and delivers on your ambitions, dna is an ideal employer.
We are small meets big – giving our clients and employees the benefits of both. As a global agency, we have staff in 10 markets on four continents. Yet, our close-knit agency environment will ensure that you will have ample opportunity for visibility with senior management who will make a personal investment in your career. And, as part of a large global IPG network with seamless integration with our sister agencies, such as Weber Shandwick and large advertising agencies, you’ll have access to world class resources and endless exposure to the most cutting-edge marketing approaches. If you are ambitious, energetic and excited to have a voice in shaping an agency and the future of healthcare communications, we hope you’ll join us. We’re an agency whose fast pace of growth and influence, is matched only by the advancement opportunities we offer our employees. dna – As Different as you.
The legal info
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
dna is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. dna recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money - $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.