DMG Media is looking to create a best-in-class puzzle platform that can be utilised across its brands. DMG Media includes many well known and most loved brands including Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday, Metro, New Scientist and The i. Through our national newspapers, websites and magazines we connect with over 45% of the UK's adult population with over 130 million consumer touch points per month.
This puzzle project is an ambitious project with focus and support of senior management from both DMG Media and DMGT. Your focus will be on creating a best-in-class digital platform for our readers across multiple touch points, whilst making sure digital development and publishing best practices are adhered to.
You will guide and manage the product and its development ensuring a structured and focussed development process. You must own the relationship with stakeholders, be at home in multivariate environments, and have an excellent product knowledge of puzzles as well as digital publishing, apps, and be well versed in what drives success.
We are after someone who knows their suko from sudoku — their crossword from codeword. We want someone with a deep passion for puzzles.
The role is accountable for:
- Leading and promoting a data-driven approach to development
- Managing the day-to-day product backlog
- Defining the platform roadmap
- Prioritising stories with the relevant stakeholders
- Correctly tooling the product in line with the CTO’s product vision
- Working closely with UX and UI to deliver fantastic end-to-end user journeys
- Implementing test and learn workflows across multiple touch points
- Establishing meaningful KPIs to measure success
- Work with the delivery team to manage expectations across multiple stakeholders
- Being a positive and energetic force in the organisation in delivering best practice
- Earn the respect of senior members of other disciplines
- Growing the user base of the platform and being the voice of our users
- Competitor research and ways of working to find new opportunities
- Experience working with puzzles and games
- Love of playing puzzles such as sudoku and crosswords and mind games
- Strong data analysis skills, including understanding of SEO, GA and Webmaster Tools
- Scrum / Agile experience with a variety of tools
- AB and MVT tools experience
- Sketch / Adobe XD and wireframing skills desirable
- Knowledge of mobile technologies such as AMP and apps
- Experience in working on a subscription product is a plus
- Experience with working with people in a cross-functional matrix environment
- Commercially savvy and understand how to deliver against challenging revenue goals
- Comfortable with pushing back and challenging ideas, even when they come from a senior leader