About Us- dmg Events
dmg events is an international exhibitions and publishing company. We attract more than 425,000 visitors to our global portfolio of 80 exhibitions each year. Through our global events, our aim is simple. We want to accelerate business through face-to-face events, which is why we work so hard to bring people together, creating opportunities for them to network, learn and do business. dmg events is part of the Daily Mail Group Trust (DMGT). DMGT Manages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies with total revenues of £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events, news and entertainment.
Based in Dubai, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the event team to ensure they can communicate and work efficiently. The Assistant will be the key point of contact of the team and will be able to confidently communicate and engage with stakeholders across the business. The event is new to our portfolio and will take place in India, in February 2023.
- Handle all incoming calls and transfers to the wider team.
- Support with event enquiries and other incoming emails
- Support with administrative tasks on salesforce, such as scanning and uploading contracts.
- Saving and filing invoices on the shared drive
- General filing duties and providing administrative assistance to the team
- To coordinate flight and accommodation bookings when required
- Arrange for delivery of business cards, if required
- Arrange for invitations and letters to be sent to delegates, exhibitors, visitors, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in processing invoices and supplying PO's to the relevant supplier
- Onsite support at the event when required
- Support the marketing team when required with data entry
- Support marketing team with brochures/publications as and when required
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Understanding/Interest in the Energy Industry is a must
- Event Industry experience is a must.
- Administrative experience required for a minimum of 1-2 years.
Behavioural Competencies and Job Specific Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Administrative Writing Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Managing Processes
- Ability to Analyse Information
- Problem Solving
- Supply Management
- Inventory Control
- Verbal Communication
- Ability to effectively support a team
- Ability to cope under pressure
We are an equal opportunities employer