What you will do day to day:
- Partner with multiple internal stakeholders across the lending side of the business, including both internal stakeholders and external partners, to understand business problems and communicate analytics requirements
- Define consistent lending metrics across internal teams and external partners relating to both growth of the lending portfolio as well as risk management
- Develop diagram/chart, reporting, monitoring and self-serve experiences to create consistent and efficient access to these metrics
- Create actionable insights through sound analysis, to drive management decisions around improving growth of lending business and effectively managing risks
- Work closely with the data engineering teams, data science team and junior analysts.
What you will need to have:
- Experience in financial services (i.e. banking, fintech, etc) and with credit risk analysis minimum 4 years.
- Strong skills are required with respect to:
- Python and the pydata ecosystem
- BI tools such as Looker, Google Data Studio or similar such tools
- Experience with GCP BigQuery, Airflow and dbt is desirable
- A strong appreciation for the various facets of data governance that are required to be adhered to given the context of a highly regulated organisation that is interacting and sharing data with multiple ecosystem partners. This particularly relates to:
- data access policies
- consistency of business metric definitions
- consistency in usage of nomenclature
- discoverability of data
- A passion for storytelling and skills in constructing cohesive business narratives from analytical data with the ability to deliver actionable insights from these.
- An understanding of the nuances of how to effectively visually communicate high dimension complex information. The individual should be capable of codifying this information, for example by producing style guides.
- Empathy for potential skills deficiencies of consumers of BI within the organisation. This will be important to help improve self-service access both by improving tooling, making information more discoverable, driving training and upskilling of non BI team members.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary.
- Working with world class data professionals
- Working from anywhere policy.
- Exposure to one of the fastest growing profitable fintechs in the world