The PMO is responsible for the overall IT Project Portfolio Governance process as well as the project management framework and project execution for all IT projects. In addition this role also performs the critical project management responsibilities on key IT initiatives.
The PMO leads the intake process for project requests, works with project sponsors, business stakeholders, and IT leaders to ensure that business cases and project charters are appropriately documented and meet the project standards. This role also leverages the project management framework to execute IT projects through the project life cycle to deliver business value. In addition, this role defines and executes on the continuous improvement road-map for the organization.
If you are passionate about building a strong IT project management office that directly unlocks business value and are energized about solving problems with a great team this is the role for you.
Key Responsibilities and Activities Include:
- Accountable for the IT Portfolio processes including IT road-map planning, portfolio governance, and resource capacity management.
- Ensure project management standards are being executed across the IT project portfolio.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle, and confer with project lead to outline work plan.
- Implement project communications including status reports.
- Manage project risks & issues and implement mitigation plans.
- Ensure that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project delivers on schedule.
- Involved in the new member on-boarding process.
- Facilitate daily standup (or daily scrum) as needed.
- Act as SM for the team.
- Work as the administrator of the scrum board. Ensure that cards are up to date and the scrum tool, Jira software or otherwise, is working well.
- Meet individually with team members and stakeholders as needed. Iron out team disagreements about process and work styles.
- Should be prepared to consult with team members and internal stakeholders on how best to work with the team.
- Aids the team by eliminating external blockers and managing internal roadblocks through process or workflow improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in IT projects.
- Familiar with scrum practices and able to act as SM.
- Experience in Business Analysis discipline is preferred.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to set and meet goals, asses' resource needs, develop schedules, monitor and communicate status, and develop processes and procedures.
- Ability to take ambiguity and clarify for self and others.
- Familiar with scrum practices.