DKatalis is a financial technology company with multiple offices in the APAC region. In our quest to build a better financial world, one of our key goals is to create an ecosystem linked financial services business.
DKatalis is built and backed by experienced and successful entrepreneurs, bankers, and investors in Singapore and Indonesia who have more than 30 years of financial domain experience and are from top-tier schools like Stanford, Cambridge London Business School, JNU with more than 30 years of building financial services/banking experience from Bank BTPN, Danamon, Citibank, McKinsey & Co, Northstar, Farallon Capital, and HSBC.
We’re looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our team and help build a stable and scale our infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. If you’re looking to be a part of a team who tackle real-world problems, DKatalis might just be the place for you! Work alongside world-class talents and join us as we use technology to make a change in the financial world.
Cloud Infrastructure at DKatalis:
The Cloud Infrastructure Team at Dakalis is a cross cutting engineering team with a mission to grow, support and deliver an agile, secure and scalable cloud infrastructure that powers Bank Jago’s digital banking platform.
Embracing and adopting modern Cloud Native and Infrastructure as Code as fore front practices, scale up the management and simplification of a complex cloud infrastructure with the goal of scaling a platform that is experiencing rapid growth in the millions of transactions and customers.
Technologies We Use:
- Cloud Infra: Google Cloud - GKE, Kubernetes, Tyk API Gateway, Docker, Istio, Cloudflare
- Devops: Gitlab, Terraform, Ansible, Sonarqube, Nexus repo, Vault, related CI/CD tools
- Database technologies: Redis, Mongo, Kafka, Elasticsearch
- Monitoring: Dynatrace, GCP Monitoring, Pagerduty
Role and Responsibilities:
- Possess deep knowledge and understanding of Kubernetes and Cloud infrastructure platforms such as GCP and AWS
- 8+ years of experience managing technical projects within infrastructure and cloud domains.
- Experience automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery.
- Experience in application containerization and deploying container orchestration technologies such as Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE).
- Ability to balance doing things right with fixing things quickly. Flexible and pragmatic, while working towards improving the long-term health of the system.
- You have a strong systems experience and have an analytical approach to identifying problem components based on data points.
- Be passionate about security compliance, zero downtime infrastructure and highly scalable environments
- Be willing to coach, mentor and grow a team of talented cloud infrastructure engineers
- Have good communication skills and be comfortable working with product owners and domain experts to understand requirements
- Oversee end-to-end Platform architecture and roadmap focused on best-practice approaches to design, security, testing, and performance
- Comfortable working cross-functionally to ensure success of the infrastructure and operations. You will be closely collaborating with other engineering and product teams to ensure that expected system behavior is understood and monitoring exists to detect anomalies.
- Lead in-depth technical and data analysis to gauge service trends and drive improvements.
- You are comfortable with on-call responsibility and are able to manage a crisis working with the broader team, communicating progress and challenges during the crisis.
- Participate in continuous improvement and execution of quality and timely major incident root cause analysis and blameless post-mortem activities to ensure we take action to avoid similar problems in the future.
- You are either a Sysadmin or Infrastructure engineer ideally strong in Linux systems, networking, monitoring and automation; preferably have experience working on distributed systems at scale.
- At least 5 years of hands-on-experience in architecting, designing, developing and implementing cloud solutions on Google Cloud Platform (GCE, GKE, GAE, GCS, Cloud SQL, VPC, Resource Manager, StackDriver, Cloud CDN, Cloud IAM)
- Scripting - Terraform, Bash, Shell, Python (bonus)
- Configuration Management - Chef, Puppet, Ansible etc
- Experience with - Docker, K8S, Gitlab, ELK
- Exposure to relational, no-sql databases and caching solutions - MySql, PostgreSql, Mongodb, Redis
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Capable of working in a complex, fast paced environment and ability to maintain calm during stressful situations