About the Role
We are looking for a technology expert who has a great passion & understanding of technology to lead a team (7-9 squads). Someone who loves writing elegant, high-quality code that solves problems for engineers across various squads.
In this role, you will be responsible for building solutions and evolving the Engineering Practices for all engineers at DKatalis, making it easier to use the cloud, improve the productivity of engineers and bring observability & reliability to application.
What you'll do
- You will be working as a Core contributor with your team, writing great quality, scalable, maintainable code
- Bring In-depth knowledge of design patterns, architecture & cloud infrastructure to the team and drive engineering quality
- Work with multiple teams to solve complex technological problems, bring insights and drive engineering strategy
- Mentor and strengthen the engineering team (7-9 squads) by improving ability to deliver great quality of work (both functional and non-functional) and keep the high bar of craft
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution and customer delight
What you'll need
- Should have 10+ years of hands-on experience in building scalable engineering solutions
- 4+ yrs experience in mentoring a large team of teams
- Should have worked on production grade distributed systems and microservices architecture, RESTful services and CI/CD
- Knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), Monitoring, Logging and Alert setup in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 of the following (NodeJS, Java, Python) and excited to learn new languages/technologies.
- Good understanding of distributed system fundamentals and ability to troubleshoot issues in an event-driven system setup
- Experienced with Agile teams and familiar with XP practices
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimisations, database interactions, fault tolerance, monitoring, security and operability of systems
- Prior experience with GCP, AlibabaCloud etc. is a plus.