Software Engineer- Backend
About the role:
You will be part of cross-functional agile engineering team (squad) responsible to build, deploy and run (support) one or more of our digital products, focusing on robust & resilient core systems. You will work closely with Engineers, Product, Design, and other stakeholders, collaboratively ensuring quality gets built in the product, get to see your impact in everyday lives of many people, and having great fun while doing it.
What you will do:
- Working with engineering+product owners to refine and develop the product, from concept to implementation.
- Build great quality, scalable, maintainable and fault tolerant systems using NodeJS
- Be open to learning and taking backend-related work (full stack mindset)
- Implement code that is secure, clear, performant and easily understood by others
- Keep code maintainable through concise and effective documentation
- Unit test code for robustness, usability and reliability
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the technology, product and development experience
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively within the team and a small group of stakeholders
What you need to have:
- Total Experience Required 2 - 5 Years
- Good written and spoken English.
- Hands on experience with NodeJS
- Exposure to Lean/XP practices (TDD, Pair Programming, Continuous Integration/Delivery for back-end)
- Quick learner, problem solver and implement solutions with guidance
- Experience working in Agile Software development
- Immediate joiners Preferred
Who you will work with:
Multicultural teams across our Tech Hubs (Jakarta, Pune and Singapore), building Jago Digital Life Finance Solutions, integrated with one of the largest ride-hailing ecosystem in SEA (South East Asia), and many others to come