DJI is seeking a great Public Policy Coordinator to join our Washington, DC team. As a Public Policy Coordinator in DJI’s Washington, DC, office, you will be part of a growing, dynamic team responsible for the development of technologies and applications that will transform the unmanned aerial robotics industry, and with it the world. You will report to the Head of North America Public Policy.
As a DJI Public Policy Coordinator, you will assist the Public Policy Team with local and state political responsibilities including bill tracking and analysis, grassroots and social media support, news tracking, research, writing, database management, administrative, and other activities in support of the team’s mission.
In addition, this position will manage regular communications, reference documents, facilitate approval of contracts and manage meetings both internal and external. Furthermore, this position will provide excellent customer service and proactively work with team members, cross-functional partners and external groups to ensure activities are completed in a timely, accurate, and organized fashion.
- Assisting the Policy Team with local and state and federal political responsibilities; grassroots activities; coalition and ally relations; bill tracking and analysis; research; writing; administrative, and other functions in support of team's mission.
- Enhancing the team's outreach to, and relationships with, public officials, associations, allies, coalitions, and others.
- Maintain records for the Public Policy team related to policymaker and/or stakeholder engagement, and track analytics to measure impact.
- Represent DJI by attending hearings, briefings, and other events.
- Perform other tasks as assigned related to the functions of the Public Policy team.
- Bachelor degree is required;
- 2-5 years working experience at law firm, tech policy, or multinational company is preferred (not your first job).
- Demonstrated interest in public policy, government relations, stakeholder engagement, and/or federal, state, or local politics or poly required; direct experience working, volunteering, or interning at a state, local, or federal government office preferred.
- Previous office experience required; corporate, nonprofit, public policy organization, or government agency experience preferred.
- Excellent written communications skills required
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail required
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and adjust priorities as workload changes
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Some travel is required
- Please include a cover letter and resume with application materials
- Strong interest in the legal profession, tech policy, and the unmanned aerial vehicle industry.
- Online advocacy and social media experience preferred; Phone2Action or professional Twitter/Facebook experience.
- Experience drafting policy memos or writing other materials regarding legislative proposals.