About the position
Ditto aims to expand the internet beyond traditional reach. Our groundbreaking edge sync platform is powered by peer-to-peer database technology that runs on mobile, web, IoT, and server systems, enables devices to sync data in real-time even without the internet.
We are looking for a Customer Engineer that will help our Fortune 500 clients integrate Ditto. You will work closely with highly skilled engineers and developers, encounter many different kinds of problems, recognize patterns, provide product feedback, contribute to documentation, shape processes, and help guide the evolution of the Ditto product itself. Most importantly, you will help our customers launch and run all manner of mobile applications using Ditto.
Our current customers are high profile companies and traditionally need face-to-face meetings to fully understand our product.
As a Senior Customer Engineer you will:
- Help Ditto users solve complex issues with their mobile solutions, e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between
- Be the expert on best practices for developing mobile applications using Ditto at scale
- Mentor engineers on Ditto best practices
- Advocate for customers’ needs, working with the engineering and product teams to debug and reproduce problem reports from Ditto users and escalate problems to include other team members as needed
- Recognize patterns and effectively categorize and create links between related issues and projects
- On call rotation, one weekend a month (during working hours)
- You will be expected to travel occasionally to meet developers in person and help them build applications with Ditto (once a quarter).
What you’ll need:
- Genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology
- Ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Software development background in multiple languages: Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Typescript, React Native, C#
- Engage with our customers for their success with Ditto by solving their challenging technical problems, applying advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are critical as you will be working with developers very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- Read and understand stack traces
- Compose feature requests and bug reports for the Ditto SDK
- Comfortably navigate through macOS systems using a shell
- Write simple reproduction scripts
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building libraries/frameworks/SDKs for iOS or Android platforms
- Experience contributing to open source projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Ditto is on a mission to free applications and developers of syncing data, enabling real-time data synchronization even in areas without internet access. As a globally remote team, we prioritize trust, communication, and continuous improvement as our core values. We strongly believe in celebrating diversity and strive to create a team that encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives.
Benefits we offer:
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Flexible vacation policy
Come join our remote team and discover the possibilities of your best career!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ditto is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Ditto is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.