About the position
Ditto aims to expand the internet beyond traditional reach. Our groundbreaking edge sync platform is powered by peer-to-peer database technology that runs on mobile, web, IoT, and server systems, enables devices to sync data in real-time even without the internet.
Help us ignite the future of data synchronization as a Senior Software Engineer focused on Android at Ditto! We are seeking an experienced software engineer to design, implement and test mission critical applications that enable optimized command and control and situational awareness using Ditto's technology. You will work on a small team, partnered with end-users, that handles the full end-to-end implementation from design, coding, SIL test, HIL test, flight test, deployment, and operational support and troubleshooting.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Help Ditto’s Federal users solve complex issues with their mobile/tactical solutions, e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between.
- Be an expert on best practices for developing, testing and delivering mobile and edge applications using Ditto at scale.
- Advocate for customers’ needs, working with the engineering and product teams to debug and reproduce problem reports from Ditto users and escalate problems to include other team members as needed.
- Recognize patterns and effectively categorize and create links between related issues and projects.
- Work with the user communities to design and build user interfaces (GUI) to meet their mission needs.
- Coordinate with customers to build a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) and Hardware Integration Lab (HIL) to test and validate applications.
What you’ll need:
- Experience developing production-quality Android applications.
- Ability to rapidly investigate and learn a wide variety of new technologies and skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal are critical as you will be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team.
- Ability to test and deliver complex mobile applications via automation and CI/CD pipelines.
- Read and understand the intent of code and stack traces in Android and Android Studio.
- Comfortably navigate through macOS/Linux systems using a terminal.
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. security clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Software development background in multiple languages: Java, Kotlin, Typescript, C/C++, Rust.
- Knowledge of geospatial/messaging frameworks and protocols (e.g., CoT, geojson, KML)
- Experience building libraries/frameworks/SDKs for Android and Linux platforms.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with Linux and both X86 and ARM architectures.
- Understanding of Human Factors design for command and control.
- Network programming and understanding of Internet (IP) and Transport (TCP/UDP) protocols.
- Active U.S. security clearance.
Ditto is on a mission to free applications and developers of syncing data, enabling real-time data synchronization even in areas without internet access. As a globally remote team, we prioritize trust, communication, and continuous improvement as our core values. We strongly believe in celebrating diversity and strive to create a team that encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives.
Benefits we offer:
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Flexible vacation policy
Come join our remote team and discover the possibilities of your best career!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ditto is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Ditto is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.