About the position
Ditto aims to expand the internet beyond traditional reach. Our groundbreaking edge sync platform is powered by peer-to-peer database technology that runs on mobile, web, IoT, and server systems, enables devices to sync data in real-time even without the internet.
Help us ignite the future of data synchronization as a Sr. Product Engineer at Ditto! We are seeking an experienced software developer to design, implement, and integrate a plug-in for Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) to enable command and control and situational awareness using Ditto's technology. You will work on a small team that handles the full ATAK implementation from design, coding, SIL test, HIL test, flight test, deployment, and operational support and troubleshooting.
As a Senior Product Engineer-ATAK (Android Tactical Assault Kit} you will:
- Design, Implement, and Integrate a plug-in for ATAK to interface with Ditto's SDK.
- Write algorithms and user-interface code for ATAK.
- Write communications interface code to external radios connected to ATAK.
- Work with the user community to build a graphical user interface (GUI) overlay in ATAK that enables ATAK users to interface in a simple and easy manner to meet their mission needs.
- Coordinate with the aircraft embedded software team to build a Systems Integration Lab (SIL) and Hardware Integration Lab (HIL) to test and validate the ATAK interface
What you’ll need:
- Experience writing code for ATAK.
- Experience writing graphical overlays in ATAK.
- Genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology.
- Ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills.
- Engage with our customers for their success with Ditto by solving their challenging technical problems, applying advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal, are critical as you will be working with users from all over the world. You will be working with a team with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. security clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Understanding of Human Factors design for command and control.
- Experience building simple and elegant graphical user interfaces.
- Network programming and understanding of the IP protocol.
- Experience with modern IP mesh radios.
- Experience building a System Integration Lab (SIL) or Hardware Integration Lab (HIL).
- Experience supporting flight test.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Clearance might be required and will be sponsored (if you already have it that is a plus!).
Ditto is on a mission to free applications and developers of syncing data, enabling real-time data synchronization even in areas without internet access. As a globally remote team, we prioritize trust, communication, and continuous improvement as our core values. We strongly believe in celebrating diversity and strive to create a team that encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives.
Benefits we offer:
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Flexible vacation policy
Come join our remote team and discover the possibilities of your best career!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ditto is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Ditto is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.