About the position
Ditto aims to expand the internet beyond traditional reach. Our groundbreaking edge sync platform is powered by peer-to-peer database technology that runs on mobile, web, IoT, and server systems, enables devices to sync data in real-time even without the internet.
Help us ignite the future of data synchronization as a Product Engineer - Federal at Ditto! We are seeking an experienced software engineer to design and implement mission critical applications that enable optimized command and control and situational awareness using Ditto's technology.
As a Product Engineer you will:
- Help Ditto’s Federal users solve complex issues with our solutions, e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between
- Be an expert on best practices for developing distributed applications, from the cloud to the edge, using Ditto at scale
- Advocate for customers’ needs, working with the engineering and product teams to debug and reproduce problem reports from Ditto users and escalate problems to include other team members as needed.
- Recognize patterns and effectively categorize and create links between related issues and projects.
- Work with the user communities to design and build user interfaces (GUI and API) to meet their mission needs.
- Support application development teams with Federal delivery requirements and pipelines (security/authentication, integration and test, and production distributions)
What you’ll need:
- Help our Federal customers succeed with our technology
- Ability to rapidly investigate and learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal are critical as you will be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as with a highly technical engineering team
- Read and understand the intent of code, logs and stack traces, debugging in distributed environments
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks, as well as common CI/CD practices
- Comfortably navigate through macOS and Linux systems using a terminal/command line
- Must be able to obtain a U.S. security clearance.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience building libraries/frameworks/SDKs for distributed platforms.
- Experience contributing to open source projects.
- Experience with Linux and both X86 and ARM architectures.
- Understanding of Human Factors design for command and control.
- Network programming and understanding of the IP protocol.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Ditto is on a mission to free applications and developers of syncing data, enabling real-time data synchronization even in areas without internet access. As a globally remote team, we prioritize trust, communication, and continuous improvement as our core values. We strongly believe in celebrating diversity and strive to create a team that encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives.
Benefits we offer:
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
Flexible spending account (FSA)
Flexible vacation policy
Come join our remote team and discover the possibilities of your best career!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Ditto is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Ditto is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.