Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We have recently secured £5m in Series A funding from Guinness Asset Management and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
Elastic Team Developer
As a Distributed Elastic Team Designer, you will use your design skills and strategic thinking at every stage of the project. You will take ownership over user research and competitor benchmarking to wireframes, through to visual design and prototyping. You're going to be working closely with analysts, QA's and other people on your team on a regular basis to ensure the full experience of the UI/UX of the website, web application or mobile application is being taken care of.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multinational banks to bleeding-edge tech start-ups building their first products.
- Experience interpreting and taking brand guidelines and wireframes and creating high fidelity design artefacts.
- Comfortable collaborating with developers and other non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Adobe Creative Suite
- iOS and Android platforms
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines, whilst working well under pressure
- A passion for creating great user experiences
- Portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- You’re a self-starter full of initiative, you get excited about designing user-friendly interfaces
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
Things to know:
Distributed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.