Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We have recently secured £5m in Series A funding from Guinness Asset Management and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
Elastic Team Developer
As a Distributed Elastic Team Developer, you are responsible for a portfolio of technical projects and comfortable presenting ideas for system improvements. You're going to be working closely with analysts, QA's, designers and other people on your team, producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes, testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multinational banks to bleeding-edge tech start-ups building their first products.
- Perform test automation and set up the frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Troubleshoot reported customer issues.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Tests complex API, web and mobile based applications that reference database back-end systems.
- Design, develop, maintain, and troubleshoots automated suites of tests through continuous integration for value added feedback.
- Works with the engineering teams to derive testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- In partnership with the QA and Dev team, identify, share, and promote the adoption of best practises in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability. You should promote clean code and the test pyramid paradigm.
- Configure automated tests in CI/CD settings to run consistently and efficiently.
- Track and communicate test results in a timely, efficient, and automated manner.
- Mobile App
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines whilst working well under pressure
- Designing, architecting and developing existing and new features for our client's products.
- Crafting code to a high standard that is efficient, maintainable and consistent.
- A focus on web performance - understanding how to measure and improve core web vitals
- Experience in delivering a number of different projects with conflicting deadlines/priorities
- You are a self-starter full of initiative; you get excited about designing and implementing complex software delivery
Things to know:
Distributed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your CV and your answers to application questions.