Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We have recently secured £5m in Series A funding from Guinness Asset Management and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
Elastic Team Developer
As a Distributed Elastic Team Developer, you are responsible for a portfolio of technical projects and comfortable presenting ideas for system improvements. You're going to be working closely with analysts, QA's, designers and other people on your team, producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes, testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multinational banks to bleeding-edge tech start-ups building their first products.
- Collaborate with Software Developers and other team members to help design, evolve and support the operation of our E-commerce Platform
- Maintain and develop system for provisioning and configuring virtual infrastructure in AWS, Azure and other similar environments
- Design and build tools for monitoring, testing, and diagnosis of systems
- Ensure our systems are highly available and resilient
- Participate in collaborative troubleshooting processes
- Protect sensitive data with continuous security practices and monitoring
- Maintain good documentation and actively share knowledge with colleagues.
- Monitor, investigate and resolve production issues.
- Suggest new ideas to improve the current application.
- More than one IaC framework. Terraform/AWS CDK/Pulumi/Cloudformation/Azure Resource Manager Templates.
- Docker + Vagrant
- AWS - EC2, EKS/ECS/Fargate, Lambda, S3/Glacier, EFS, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, API Gateway, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Lex, Polly, Rekognition, Athena, EMR, Kinesis, QuickSight, Data Pipeline, Glue, IAM, Cognito, Secrets Manager, Step Functions, SNS, SQS, IoT Core, IoT Analytics, Greengrass.
- Chef, Pupper, Ansible, MS Desired State Configuration etc
- Bash + Powershell
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines whilst working well under pressure
- Good level of expertise with system administration core competencies (OS, virtualization, containers, networking)
- Expertise with public clouds
- Good level of expertise with orchestration and automation
- Experience designing and setting up monitoring solutions
- Deep understanding of Agile engineering practices and DevOps framework, CI/CD
- Understanding of commonly used software architecture patterns and their deployment strategies
- Well-developed soft skills, including communication and collaboration
Things to know:
Distributed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your cv and your answers to application questions.