Who are we?
We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce, reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™. Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team of the world's best permanent freelancers that deliver it.
We have recently secured £5m in Series A funding from Guinness Asset Management and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
As a member of the team, you'll be working with scientists, engineers, product managers, salespeople and operational leaders from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
Elastic Team Developer
As a Distributed Elastic Team Developer, you are responsible for a portfolio of technical projects and comfortable presenting ideas for system improvements. You're going to be working closely with analysts, QA's, designers and other people on your team, producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes, testing the product in controlled, real situations before going live.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multinational banks to bleeding-edge tech start-ups building their first products.
- Design and develop application features for client products using modern frameworks and patterns.
- Implementation of the new features based on the highest tech standards and quality in the backend and frontend
- Keeping proven features up to date, identifying technical debt, and adding them to the tech debt process (including your improvement proposal);
- Detecting, tracking, and optimizing ongoing coding and testing processes to ensure our application’s highest possible quality.
- Oversee and ensure the quality of the application architecture.
- Deliver new product features as part of the agile product development team.
- Integrating APIs with the database team so end users can see large datasets with ease.
- Monitor, investigate and resolve production issues.
- Suggest new ideas to improve the current application.
- Unit testing - TDD/BDD using Jest/chai/jasmine
- E2E testing - Cypress / Selenium / Appium
- HTML, CSS (obvs)
- App Dev - React Native / Flutter / Native
- Web Dev - React / Vue / Angular
- AWS / Azure
- Infrastructure as code - Terraform / Ansible / Serverless Framework / AWS CDK
- Github stuff like code reviews of PRs,.. understanding of branching strategies
- CI/CD of some sort,.. Github Actions/TravisCI/CircleCI etc
- Bash and shell scripting
- SQL + NoSQL - MSSQL/MYSQL/Postgres, MongoDB / DynamoDB / Redis / Couchbase
- Must know HTTP and REST inside out.
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with people on your team
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines whilst working well under pressure
- Designing, architecting and developing existing and new features for our client's products.
- Crafting code to a high standard that is efficient, maintainable and consistent.
- A focus on web performance - understanding how to measure and improve core web vitals
- Experience in delivering a number of different projects with conflicting deadlines/priorities
- You are a self-starter full of initiative; you get excited about designing and implementing complex software delivery
Things to know:
Distributed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
By submitting your application you give us permission to store and use the information from your cv and your answers to application questions.