We're a software development firm building the world's Elastic Workforce - reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a firm's perfect team should live within 20 miles from their office. We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
Customers use our platform to scope any technical project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team to deliver. Our Elastic Teams are built from the world's best permanent freelancers who have all passed Distributed's rigorous on-boarding tests.
We have secured £3.5m in seed funding from Fuel Ventures and are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team for exceptional growth ahead.
You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work. Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
As a Distributed Technical Lead you are responsible for a portfolio of technical projects. The Technical Lead is involved in projects end-to-end, from estimating opportunities, interviewing/testing developers, setting up the technical approach to software project delivery, managing the technical delivery through to completion and re-engagement.
Industry agnostic, our Elastic Teams have delivered products for everyone, from multi-national banks to bleeding edge tech start-ups building their first products.
As a Technical Lead at Distributed, you will be setting the standard for Technical Delivery first in the company then the industry.
- Manage, motivate and develop a growing team of fully distributed remote engineers whilst also being a hands-on engineer yourself
- Ensure technical excellence for all Distributed’s customer deliveries
- Independent technical decision making for our customers and our Elastic Teams
- Obsessively improve our technical delivery process, enabling projects to be delivered at a higher standard with less effort
- Build confidence and understanding of your technical approach to a range of technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Clear, concise & engaging communicator with technical & non-technical people
- Enjoys both the big picture and the detail; excellent at both
- Prioritisation of activities in a varied portfolio, always putting customers first
- Efficient and agile management of various projects simultaneously and determining priorities and deadlines, whilst working well under pressure
- Ability to deliver across a wide range of technologies and in a meaningful degree of detail
- Have an empathetic leadership style and building strong, effective relationships
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building scalable and highly reliable SaaS/PaaS applications
- Ability to have difficult conversations across stakeholders and act decisively to ensure beneficial outcomes
- You’re a self-starter full of initiative, you get excited about designing and implementing complex software delivery
- 10+ years managing the performance and development of high-performance software engineers
- 2+ years working in a start-up, so comfortable with the fast-paced way of working
- Have delivered major projects across multiple industries
- Hands on development experience is a must, preferably across multiple languages
- Have experience managing the performance and development of high-performing engineers
- Your previous titles may include Senior Developer, Engineering Lead or Engineering Manager
- Competitive salary (£80,000-£100,000 dependent on experience)
- Performance-related bonus
- Meaningful equity ownership
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)
- Work from anywhere; we're a fully remote company