We're a software development company building the world's Elastic Workforce - reinventing work and challenging the assumption that a local team = the best team.
We help businesses deliver technical projects better than ever before through our platform and on-demand Elastic Teams™.
Customers use our platform to scope any software project and are then paired with a fully managed Elastic Team that deliver it.
Our Elastic Teams are built from the world's best permanent freelancers who have all passed Distributed's rigorous on-boarding tests.
With over £4m in funding from Tier-1 Venture Funds we are now hiring a number of exciting roles to add to our fully remote team to drive wide-spread adoption of Distributed’s Elastic Teams.
You'll be teaming up with Scientists, Engineers, Product Managers, and Sales Teams from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about work.
Want to know more? read: https://distributed.co/about
About the role
As Distributed’s Platform Engineering Manager you’ll serve as an integral member of our Product team and help bring to market a world class enterprise platform that will meaningfully impact the future of work. As an early member of the technical team you’ll work to shape how we build our products and scale the business.
- Build and manage a team of remote developers to deliver Distributed’s technology roadmap on time and on budget
- Scope and prioritise all proprietary technology builds
- Oversee the development of Distributed’s platform and supporting technology
- Ensure all of Distributed’s technology and integrations are and remain secure
- Manage and maintain all documentation pertaining to Distributed’s core IP
- Manage, maintain and distribute board-level product analytics
- Work with members of senior management to define technology strategy
- Ability to credibility communicate with technical & non-technical people
- Ability to understand & communicate technology direction and best options
- Ability to effectively manage product roadmap to deliver on time and on budget
- Ability to solve complex problems using data and insights
- Ability to adapt strategy to new information & priorities
- Extensive experience in technical leadership roles with exposure to managing high-performing remote technical teams, ideally at B2B tech startups/scaleups
- Experience building software with global footprint and enterprise capabilities, and managing complex infrastructure at scale
- Resource planning and budget allocation
- Conducting technical analyses and research
- Competitive salary (£70,000 - £90,000pa)
- Performance-related bonus
- Meaningful equity ownership
- Employee pension plan
- Vitality private healthcare
- 34 days of holiday a year (26 days + Bank holidays)