When people say they’re unplugging for a while, do you want to point out the world has been wireless for a while now? Excellent, because we’re looking for an experienced Embedded Software Developer with a background in networking, routers, and network architecture to join a successful team to take the product to the next into the future.
If you’re the sort of dev who leaves relationships to the database guys, this isn’t the right role for you. We need an embedded developer who can talk to the team, stakeholders, and the end client to give great customer service and help the project move forward with ease.
You’ll be comfortable working in an Agile team and without someone spoon-feeding you. We’re looking for someone who is always seeking to improve and is comfortable in a test-driven environment. You’ll be working with customers and colleagues to identify and resolve issues, and report them back to the development team; all while keeping relationships positive.
The responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and test software modules for new consumer equipment
- Maintain, support, and provide enhancements in existing systems/platforms
- Create unit tests to validate design modules
- Collaborate with other departments
- Run code reviews, tests, debugging, and software and hardware integration
- 5+ years of experience in R&D or product development
- Experience creating middleware for Linux, RTOS, or bare metal on ARM/MIPS SoCs
- Proficient in C/C++ with GCC
- Highly skilled in UNIX build utilities such as Make or CMake
- Experience with Linux Application APIs (POSIX, IPCs, Threading, Memory Management)
- Strong grasp of networking conceptos and technologies, such as Linux sockets and interfaces, TCP/UDP, etc.
- Good understanding of test-driven development and automated testing frameworks
It’d be nice if you have experience with:
- Software and hardware debugging tools like GDB or JTAG
- Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Linux Driver interfaces (ioctl, /proc node, /sys node)
- Device management protocols (TR-069/STUN/SNMP/CWMP)
- IoT network protocols and technologies (CoAP, Protobuffers, MQTT, ZeroMQ,CBOR)
- VoIP and SIP protocols & PBX solutions
- Product quality plans, test cases and scripts for QA/product validation
Your rock-hard soft skills:
- You’ll be able to research and conduct technological analysis
- You’ll be a strategic thinker who loves problem-solving
- Great communication skills, including presentations, to all staff levels including customers and senior execs.
You need to know
You’ll work an 8 hour day with at least 6 hours overlap with EST. You'll also be traveling to meet the team in person!
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch today.