DISCO is a legal tech software company. Our objective is to own the legal tech market and become the leader in legal as Salesforce has done in the sales technology space. Given the massive growth of data over the last 20 years, poorly built legal technology products have severely decreased lawyers' ability to practice the law.
Our fundamental mission includes building a unified technology platform for the practice of law, composed of 7+ products released over the next 10 years. Great technology can solve problems of scale in data, in laws, and in business operations that have distracted lawyers from doing what they went to law school to do. DISCO is fixing the law by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that really do require human legal judgment.
To date, we have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Thoughtful product planning and product design are core tenets in our “product first” business strategy and culture.
Documents are a central concept of the law and in legal tech. Storing, retrieving, organizing, indexing, and searching terabytes of documents for our customers is a major portion of the technical foundation for our business. The volume and complexity of those activities, as well as the amount of data is always increasing. We are developing the next level of capabilities and abstractions to automate the scale of this subsystem. Doing so will have a massive impact on our ability to serve customers, deliver features, and scale our platform
What You'll Do
- Define infrastructure automation strategy for highly scalable and crazy performant search systems
- Identify capabilities and abstractions needed to satisfy required performance and scalability targets through automated, zero-downtime data and infrastructure management.
- Build and maintain roadmap and architecture for realizing those abstractions and capabilities.
- Lead software and systems development for that roadmap.
- Bring in, define, institute best practices for control plane automation.
- Contribute leadership, understanding and lessons learned to the greater DISCO platform in these areas.
- Recruit, hire and mentor other architects and engineers to accomplish the above.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to create and communicate systems architectures including Domain-Driven Design, Jobs to Be Done, architectural patterns, and diagramming techniques
- Mastery of infrastructure automation such as Terraform, Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Proficiency with container-based deployment such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Fluency in one or more cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure (AWS preferred)
- Experience operating datastores at scale, such as: ElasticSearch, NoSql Stores, Kafka, Columnar Databases, DataFlow or Pipeline Systems, Graph DataStores.
- Experience operating systems at scale including observability and site reliability
- Experience using Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) with an emphasis on a well-maintained testing pyramid.
- Experience with multiple software stacks, have opinions and preferences, and not be married to a specific stack.
Even Better If You Have…
- Advanced degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Experience designing, modifying, and operating multi-tenant systems.
- An understanding of how to design and develop from a Security Perspective.
- An understanding of how to identify, select, and extend 3rd Party Components (Commercial or Open Source) that provide operational leverage but does not constrain our product and engineering creativity.
DISCO's Technology Stack
- Cloud Provider - AWS: EC2, Lambda, Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, ECS, SQS, SNS, Kinesis, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation, SageMaker, KMS, CodePipeline, etc.
- DSL-based Search: multiple large-scale Elasticsearch Clusters searched using our Disco Query Language (DQL)
- Event Bus: Kafka and Schema Registry
- 3rd Party Vendors: Redis, Auth0 for Cloud Identity Federation (SSO, SAML, etc)
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.