DISCO University ignites careers in legal technology, and DISCO is committed to building capabilities, engagement and performance through innovative, high-quality learning and development solutions. This role will build and lead the DISCO U Leader Academy, defining the leadership and professional development architecture at DISCO, as part of a holistic talent and customer enablement strategy. Reporting to the VP of Customer and Talent Enablement, this role is a member of the team building DISCO U from the ground up, and will partner with business leaders to diagnose and solve organizational and talent problems.
Joining DISCO in 2021 means you can be part of our journey to a billion dollar company! We’d love for you to be part of this unique experience.
What You'll Do
- Bring your creative, resourceful, and whole self to your work to make a positive impact every day
- Participate as a thought partner and team member within the DISCO University team and the People team, supporting our strategic talent objectives
- Build and manage DISCO University’s Leader Academy, focused on building professional and leadership capabilities at every career level
- Serve as a performance and learning consultant to HRBPs and business leaders to identify, diagnose, and solve for their biggest challenges and opportunities
- Apply adult learning principles and instructional systems to design, develop and manage career-level curricula, including a comprehensive development journey for people managers in year one
- Design for and measure against required business outcomes; evaluate, track, and report on impact of programs and initiatives
- Facilitate programs and train other facilitators as needed
- Manage and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with HRBPs, vendors, SMEs, peers and stakeholders
- Proficiently use standard and specialized tools (LMS, HRIS, G-suite, survey tools)
Who You Are
You’re a master designer, a talented facilitator, and a skilled program manager with a passion for bringing out the best in people. You’ve done learning at scale, and are energized by using your skills to solve business problems and build from the ground up. Great listening and coaching skills make you a collaborative teammate and a trusted advisor to the business.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience working in learning and development
- Proven expertise in adult learning theory, leadership development, curriculum architecture, instructional design, and facilitation
- Experience managing individuals and teams
- Local to Austin preferred, however if remote, ability to travel up to 25% or once a month travel to Austin (in line with COVID practices)
Even Better If You Have…
- Internal/external consulting experience
- Coaching certification/experience
- Elearning design and development skills
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in instructional/learning design, human resource development, business or other relevant field preferred
- Experience in technology and/or legal industry
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.