DISCO is looking for a Financial Analyst who is passionate about helping provide our Sales and Finance teams with insights and metrics that enable us to make better decisions. This role will focus on providing actionable insights by providing data driven analysis for commissions and pricing. You love coming up with true win-win situations for your employer and your employer’s clients.
To be successful in this role you thrive wearing multiple hats and are adept at handling change, comfortable with hands-on work and have excellent project management and communication skills. You are a skilled communicator and have strong problem solving skills. You are able to work independently and manage multiple deadlines.
What You'll Do
- Calculate and prepare commission statements.
- Partner with sales personnel to validate accuracy of commission payments and accruals.
- Coordinate with sales leadership to create and modify commission plans that incentivize desired outcomes.
- Partner with sales leadership to understand quotas and analyze performance data.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to solve commission concerns from sales personnel.
- Prepare and deliver training to sales reps and leadership.
- Build financial models for new commission plans and make changes to existing ones.
- Utilize Excel-based reporting to build commission models and calculate commission payments.
- Model revenue, margin, and profitability implications of proposed business deals and transactions.
- Serve as the primary touchpoint for pricing structures, gross margin analysis, and price modeling.
- Collaborate effectively with both the finance and sales organizations while building pricing models.
- Improve pricing structure consistency from deal-to-deal; ensure that deviations from the norm have a justifiable business case.
- Collaborate with salespeople to build models and reports that show clients their savings and/or ROI realized by switching to DISCO.
- Iterate quickly through numerous ‘what-if’ scenarios of a business deal and provide both Sales and Finance with likely profitability outcomes of proposed deals.
- Create standardized pricing model templates to be used in standard deal negotiations.
- Building other models as directed: this may include sales commission models, general revenue/sales forecasting models, and models to facilitate various sensitivity analyses.
- Broad collaboration on other Business Intelligence initiatives as assigned: uncovering insights in business data, creating and sharing reports across the enterprise, and making data-driven recommendations for improved business operations.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in, finance, accounting, MIS or economics preferred.
- 4+ years of prior Analyst experience, preferably at a Fortune 1000 or equivalent-scale company.
- 4+ years of intensive Excel or Google Sheets experience. Your models may go through six iterations in a single day; your mastery building extensible models must facilitate model flexibility for quick iteration and different scenarios. Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, SUMIFs, multi-conditional nested ANDs/ORs, and highly nested formulas are familiar and comfortable.
- Collaboration and acceptance of constructive criticism is part of your DNA. Pricing is a collaborative process between Sales and Finance.
- Well-developed executive presence and presentation skills. You will collaborate with executives often and may occasionally interact with clients.
- 2+ years analysis experience with a SaaS based business model preferred
- Extreme attention to detail: precision and correctness of calculations within your models is critical.
- The highest level of honesty and integrity.
- Respect and proper handling of confidential information. You will have confidential non-public pricing, prospect, RFP information and commission; an ongoing practice of proper confidence is a part of who you are.
Even Better If You Have…
- Have previous SaaS experience
- Experience with SQL is preferred
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.