DISCO is a legal tech software company. Our objective is to own the legal tech market and become the leader in legal as Salesforce has done in the sales technology space. Given the massive growth of data over the last 20 years, poorly built legal technology products have severely decreased lawyers' ability to practice the law.
Our fundamental mission includes building a unified technology platform for the practice of law, composed of 7+ products released over the next 10 years. Great technology can solve problems of scale in data, in laws, and in business operations that have distracted lawyers from doing what they went to law school to do. DISCO is fixing the law by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that really do require human legal judgment.
To date, we have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Thoughtful product planning and product design are core tenets in our “product first” business strategy and culture.
As the Product Operations Specialist, you are a critical partner to the VP of Engineering Operations in managing the day-to-day responsibilities and the development, execution, and management of special projects. This role will independently perform duties exercising initiative, confidentiality, and judgment regularly.
What You’ll Do
- Provide general administrative and operational support to the VP Engineering Operations
- Assist in preparing presentations
- Work on the development and execution of special projects
- Develop and organize educational initiatives
- Generate team communications such as informational emails, surveys, and a weekly newsletter
- Support the development of the department’s internal wiki
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the Product organization (Product, Design, and Engineering)
- Work with the Product Leadership team to maintain quarterly objectives (OKRs)
- Organize and schedule team meetings
- Collaborate with the Product teams to drive new operational dashboards
- Maintain existing engineering operational dashboard
Things You Might Work On
- Update Jira settings for internal teams
- Collaborate cross-functionally across various internal functions
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 7+ years of experience in operations, program/project management, and/or analytics
- Proficiency with Atlassian ( Confluence and Jira) and developing operations reports
- Proficiency with G Suit products
- Have a good eye for design and aesthetics to create well-thought-out presentations
- You possess advanced Google Sheets skills (Vlookups, pivot tables, complex formulas, etc.)
- Experience with data and analytics, SQL is a plus but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Quick learner; willing to dive in and get your hands dirty
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced, and at times virtual environment
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time-management skills
- Creative and people-centered problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision
- A strong ethical character capable of exercising good judgment and discretion and handling confidential information
Even Better If You Have…
- Experience as a Jira administrator
- Experience with Salesforce reporting
Why Join DISCO’s Product Team
We intend to build a multi-billion dollar business and think you should come along for the ride because:
- We were the first movers to a cloud-based platform that has caused mass disruption within our market.
- Our CEO is a true market visionary. He graduated with a computer science degree at the age of 15 and followed with a JD from Harvard Law School at the age of 19. His unparalleled insights into the fundamental issues in legal and the potential of technology and artificial intelligence to change our market at its core provide the guiding light for DISCO’s long-term strategy.
- We believe that product delivery professionals including product managers, product designers and engineers differ from one another by at least a factor of 10. At DISCO, we only hire the top 1%, pay them well, and with equity, everyone has effectively been getting a raise each and every day. Given our product first mindset, product professionals are very much stars of the show. Our logo, the circle and square, represents the best lawyers and the best product professionals in the world.
- We measure product delivery velocity by dollars of revenue per line of code, vs simply lines of code. This drives a very thoughtful and deliberate product design and development process that ensures we’re going to make money when we ship products. We hire many more product managers and designers per engineer than most companies to ensure that our engineers have a disambiguated product intent when they are building.
- As a rule, we don’t commit to external product delivery dates as we believe that unnecessarily constrains our creativity from both a product and technology point of view.
- At DISCO respect isn’t earned at DISCO it is assumed. Good humans inherently treat everyone respectfully. This is a very important concept at DISCO.
- Given the high caliber of talent, the cutting-edge cloud-based technology stack, and thoughtful and novel product and design approach, you’ll find yourself learning at a rate you’ve not likely experienced in your career. Given that we only hire professionals that are passionate about their craft, you’ll truly enjoy building a great software product and get in the best “career shape” of your life.
- Over the next 4 years, we’ll be growing our product delivery organization. There will be incredible growth opportunities along the way.
- We use the “2 Pizza Team” organization design where small autonomous teams own a piece of a product or platform and ship software at rates comparable to a very lean and scrappy startup. We achieve consistency across these teams in the areas of design, product-wide use cases and technical concerns through a strategically focused set of overlay functions.
- Finally, while we’re an incredibly fast-growing organization, as a rule, we do not work crazy long hours. We believe in continuous product delivery, continuous product planning and design, continuous regular sleep schedules, continuous regular vacation, and continuous fun if you’re passionate about your craft.
If you want to win while getting better than you’ve ever been, come to DISCO.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.