We are seeking a Director of Business Development who will drive all aspects of the DISCO’s strategic partner activities. You will assist in developing and executing on DISCO’s overall strategic sales plan as it relates to our channel partners globally.
As a key member of the sales team, you will have primary responsibility for achieving channel partner revenue targets and expanding our channel partnership footprint through your ability to develop strategic plans to target and engage new strategic partners to resell DISCO products.
DISCO is a fast growth company and our strategic channel partners offer an opportunity to deliver even faster growth than what DISCO would be able to achieve organically. This means that partners will not always be the traditional channel partners but could be other companies with compelling reach that can help DISCO deliver this level of growth.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for the execution of the strategic sales plan specifically working with channel partners to meet or exceed assigned revenue targets.
- Work closely with the sales team to open up opportunities for new revenue.
- Partner with VP of Strategic Partnerships to execute on sales plan and revenue goals
- Responsible for execution of all tactical activities assigned in an effort to meet strategic channel sales objectives and revenue targets.
- Helps define and develop channel partner policies and programs to maximize opportunities for increasing revenue and market share.
- Identify, establish and maintain relationships with current and potential channel partners
- Reports on channel sales activities, leads, funnel, and overall channel partner effectiveness
- Acts as a face of the company at trade shows and other key industry events.
- Negotiate commercial terms with new strategic partners. This includes establishing specific jointly agreed-upon KPIs with partners from the beginning of the relationship and being able to track against these KPIs as we get the partnership off the ground.
- Aligning DISCO sales team and channel partner’s sales team on growing specific accounts with specific KPIs.
- Channel partner growth is a “ground game”, this requires getting the mind share of the channel partner sales organizations. Coming up with convincing answers as to “why would channel partner sales lead with DISCO vs others”?
- Strategize, manage and prioritize on a daily and weekly basis the channel partners’ sales team pipeline of selling DISCO.
- Develop compelling value propositions to engage the channel partner, from business models to understanding the partner economics and articulate how DISCO can help.
- Work closely with our Business intelligence team to create joint economic models.
- Work closely with the DISCO Solutions Architecture team and the channel partners technical team to answer joint RFPs.
Who You Are
- 5-10 years channel/partner sales experience
- Experience developing highly productive channel partner relationships at executive levels. This includes being able to communicate DISCO’s company update and how it relates to us winning in the legal technology market.
- Proven track record of initiating and successfully driving incremental revenue opportunities through channel partners
- Demonstrated consistent quota achievement in technology sales.
- Uses consultative selling approach, high energy, strong qualifying and closing skills.
- Social ease and a strong and demonstrated ability to build relationships with a variety of different people and personality types.
- Team player, understand the nuances of pushing the team internally to deliver on features and capabilities needed by channel partners while maintaining and building internal relationships with finance, product, solutions architecture, and other members of the sales organization.
- Must possess exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and research skills.
- Able to make independent choices and recommendations without immediate direction or supervision.
- Travel and participation in after-hours meetings with customers as required
- You have a Bachelor's degree (have a Masters or JD? Even better!)
Location and Travel
- DISCO is hiring in all major U.S. cities but high preference in Austin TX. Travel as required to clients within your territory as well as industry events and conferences.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.