We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who is passionate about helping provide our business with insights and metrics that enable us to make better decisions. You will develop a deep understanding of our business operations, including many of our most important business processes.
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence, the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst plays an important role in developing operational reporting, visualizations, and data-driven business insights across the company. You will collaborate across the organization with executives, analysts, software engineers, accountants, sales directors, and other key stakeholders. At your core, you are a businessperson with advanced analytical ability and technical skill who solves business problems (albeit with technical means, such as SQL and data visualization). Your ability to make sense of disparate data, critically analyze it, and effectively communicate business insights in layman’s terms to your colleagues will be a key driver of your success at DISCO.
What You'll Do
- Deep dive into DISCO’s revenue model; look for opportunities to guide decision making with data
- Create effective data visualizations, reports, and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve data quality and shared metrics on our platforms
- Unlock valuable business insights by combining data from disparate operational systems, spreadsheets, and databases
- Create models in Excel and Google Sheets to perform “what if?” analyses
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to gather reporting requirements and share insights from your analyses
Who You Are
- A minimum of five (5) years of analytics and business analysis experience
- 2+ years analysis experience with a SaaS based business model
- Significant skill using SQL to manipulate data and produce business-relevant information
- Solid Excel skills: especially pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, and SUMIFs
- The right candidate has attention to detail hardwired into their thinking
- A natural tilt towards collaboration: business insights are only as a good as the change they drive across the organization
- Experience with reporting tools such as Amazon QuickSight, Tableau, or Looker
- Understanding of data modeling – e.g., normalization, entity relationships, keys, indexes, etc.
- Familiarity with modern (columnar) data warehouses such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Welcomes constructive feedback
- Mentors less experienced analysts with best practices, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g. math, finance, computer science, engineering)
Even Better If You…
- Possess knowledge of Python and its data analysis libraries (e.g. Pandas)
- Have knowledge of basic statistical methods
- Are familiar with ETL practices and tools
- Master’s degree in analytics or related field preferred
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.