What we’re doing isn’t easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build the artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing operations arm.
As part of Diligent Robotics’ operations team, you will uphold the highest standards for safe clinical use of robots in real-world hospital environments. Through excellent communication and documentation, you will work alongside your teammates to bring automation to healthcare. This position will work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results to our hospital partners.
This position is located in Austin, TX and you must be local, or a current Diligent Robotics employee, to be considered. This role will require flexibility due to us being a 24/7 operation and a shift schedule will be put in place that will require working days, nights and weekends.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring a fleet of mobile service robots in a hospital environment, but you don’t need any prior robot experience!
- Collecting data in a variety of real-world situations, providing detailed and accurate product feedback
- Prioritizing the customer experience by communicating with them when needed, and ensuring their expectations are always met or exceeded
- Being an ambassador for the company
A good candidate would be, at minimum:
- You have a good computing background, and can quickly learn to use new software
- An excellent written and verbal communicator: you convey information to internal stakeholders in an organized and easily parsable manner
- Organized: you can juggle and make progress on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-sufficient and whip-smart: you get things done, learn what you don’t know, and can make data-driven decisions independently, as circumstances require
- Flexible and willing to work different shift hours, including early mornings, nights, and weekends: you understand that our customers (i.e. hospitals) are open 24/7, that our robots must be running smoothly all the time, and that your schedule may shift as customer needs change over time
- Willing to be COVID-19 and flu vaccinated and complete a HIPAA training course
The ideal candidate would be:
- Responsive and responsible: you commit to deadlines and err on the side of over-communication
- Results-oriented: you’re happy to observe and take notes on end-users interacting with the robot all day if that’s what it takes
- Vigilant about the details: you notice when a checklist item is left unchecked and it gnaws at you until it’s done
- Passionate about healthcare and technology coming together to help people
- A video game enthusiast: you will leverage your off-duty skills to become an expert at fleet monitoring
- Willing to work during some significant holidays: you understand that our customers (i.e. hospitals) don’t shut down during the holidays and neither can our robots
- A budding techy: you are the go-to among friends for fixing their technical problems.
- Formerly employed or shadowed in the healthcare space: you have an insider understanding of the vernacular, organizational structure, and operational processes of hospitals
- Experience working with some of the leading experts in robotics
- Potential to radically change the future of healthcare
- Be part of a team environment
- Free parking
- Insurance including medical, dental, and vision
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.