What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our People team.
Diligent Robotics is looking for a People Ops Generalist who will play a pivotal role in helping ensure the People Department’s operations run smoothly and effectively to provide the highest value to our organization. As a People Ops Generalist you will be accountable for day-to-day functions of the People team, including Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Employee Programs, Performance Management and Compliance. The ideal candidate is self-driven, passionate, and has experience supporting employees in various People function related topics and is knowledgeable in the corresponding policies and procedures. You thrive in a fast paced environment and have the ability to make quick decisions in ambiguous situations, leveraging your knowledge and curiosity to remove obstacles and provide solutions.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute People function programs including but not limited to development & administration of employee policies; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; and occupational health and safety
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as HR policy and procedures, FMLA and leaves of absences and resolve any issues that may arise
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications
- Attends and participates in disciplinary meetings, investigations, and employee terminations, ensuring appropriate documentation is gathered & recorded
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Serves as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee relations matters
- Prepares plans, policies, documents, and reports including EEO-1, organizational charts, and employee handbooks
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related discipline preferred
- 5+ years of proven experience as a People Ops Generalist in a startup environment or an equivalent combination of experience & education
- Understanding of and exposure to general human resources policies and procedures, including federal, state, and local employment/labor laws
- Able to partner with key stakeholders at multiple organization levels
- Experience with various HRIS strongly desired; specific experience with Gusto and Greenhouse will be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical capabilities & communication skills; VERY detail-oriented
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- HR certification (PHR, SHRM-CP) preferred