Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
The Account Executive drives revenue growth through new bookings, primarily related to initial prospect/customer meetings, pipeline creation and commercial deal management.
This individual contributor role will drive growth primarily through the sales cycle from effective customer prospecting, pipeline management (MEDDICC), accurate forecasting through to deal completion.
The Account Executive is an enthusiastic and commercially focused individual with a proven track record in influencing issuers, investors or intermediaries on the value that the Diligent product suite can bring in relation to executive compensation and board effectiveness.
- Prospect new leads in addition to supplementing inbound leads to build pipeline;
- Develop an expert knowledge of Diligent’s specialist GRC SaaS solution with a focus on multiple products within the Diligent portfolio;
- Adopt a ‘solutions’ selling approach, rather than a features and functionality sales approach.
- Effectively manage the end to end sales cycle from opportunity to deal close using MEDDICC sales methodology;
- Utilize sales tools such as Salesforce.com, SalesLoft, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Zoom, Gong.io to prospect new leads, schedule initial meetings, increase win rates and generate bookings;
- Accurately maintain SFDC records, forecast and report out on projected bookings, deals closed etc. on a regular basis;
- Proven experience in selling SaaS or technology related products or services with a track record of consistently closing new business;
- A high level of curiosity and empathy with the ability to understand a potential customer's context, issues and pain points through effective questioning and listening;
- Strong experience of holistic, value add ‘solution’ selling;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with a high level of charisma;
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills;
- Excellent attention to detail with a good understanding of the sales cycle and the importance of accurate pipelining and forecast reporting;
- Competitive, tenacious and resilient with a strong ability to adapt and work calmly under pressure;
- Experience of using SFDC and knowledge of the MEDDICC sales methodology is preferred.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.