Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be building robust, scalable, and secure microservices that power our SaaS platform and make governance easy for our customers. You’ll have the full power of AWS at your disposal to build Serverless solutions (either brand new, or assisting in migrating services to Serverless), typically in TypeScript. You will be collaborating with a team of highly talented developers, mentor and guide them to new highs. Your team will fully own their services (from code to deployment and monitoring), you’ll participate in architecture discussion, and regularly demo to the entire department. Also, you will be working closely with our Principal Engineers who can help you solve architectural problems optimally and provide new perspectives.
What you will do
• Design and implement secure and scalable solutions using AWS Serverless technology
• Help break down initiatives to deliver increments of the requirements to each stage.
• Develop high quality code (e.g. adhering to SOLID principles) with plenty of tests and observability baked-in.
• As is necessary, develop infrastructure as code.
• Coach and mentor seniors and developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and provide constructive code reviews so everyone can grow and learn alongside you
What you need to succeed
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field with more than 7 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing complex, scalable, fault- tolerant, high-performance SaaS applications.
- Proficiency in developing RESTful APIs/microservices using Node.js/TypeScript in Open API specifications.
- Experience working with Docker in development.
- Experience on SQL databases.
- Algorithmic/mathematical background is an advantage.
- Experience of event-driven microservices architecture.
- Strong ability to coach, mentor, and lead fellow developers, provide guidance on technical design and provide constructive code reviews.
- Strong ability to develop highly readable and well-tested code that adheres to SOLID principles
- Experience with AWS Serverless computing.
- Experience working with Agile and Kanban / Scrum processes and following strong development and testing processes.
Why you’ll love working here
You’ll be working in a Serverless organization that strives to primarily develop solutions in a Serverless fashion on AWS. You can read more here.
You’ll be rapidly learning with our structured training programs and our company culture that emphasizes continuous teaching and coaching.
You’ll have a high impact in the world by building software that improves the daily experience of employees and citizens all around the world.
You’ll be paid well and enjoy great benefits, paid days off to volunteer in your community, and other perks to keep your mind and body healthy.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.