Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for closing mid-market and enterprise new business in the US for Diligent, the leading SaaS provider of secure corporate governance and collaboration solutions for boards and senior executives.
- Develop expert knowledge in the Company’s SaaS offerings.
- Apply the Challenger sales methodology during the sales process.
- Understand customer needs and help develop solutions through the Company’s offerings.
- Present Diligent’s solutions via in-person and web demonstrations.
- Research and understand the market for Diligent’ s solutions, including competitor analysis.
- Prospect new leads to supplement inbound enquires and build pipeline.
- Negotiate and close on an increasing volume of sales targets each quarter.
- Work with the marketing team to target specific accounts and implement the global strategy in a way that has meaning locally to your market yet remains consistent with the brand.
- Maintain detailed records in Salesforce and strong forecasting skills.
This role requires excellent communication and negotiation skills. Additionally, qualified candidates have:
- A minimum of 4 years in selling SaaS or technology-related products or services with a track record of consistently closing new business.
- Experience presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience selling to multiple stakeholders during a complex sales cycle that could last several months.
- Experience with online selling applications (Zoom)
- Comfort applying Challenger principles during a sales process.
- Comfort utilizing Salesforce.
- A passion for problem-solving, learning a new industry, and constantly improving their sales knowledge.
FLSA Status: Exempt
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.