Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
We’re looking for a Content Strategist to join our Content Strategy team. The ideal candidate is highly creative – an excellent writer, editor and project manager with the ability to identify trends and build narratives based on market and audience insights. The candidate must be a self-starter with strong organizational skills to manage content requirements from multiple stakeholders, prioritize projects, manage freelance writers and deliver high-quality content in a timely manner. This individual is comfortable creating for all content formats, including but not limited to articles, videos, case studies, checklists, white papers and guides. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Content Strategy and will focus primarily on our global nonprofit, education and government audiences.
- Conduct discovery with and the mission-driven organizations (MDO) business unit to ascertain needs, understand priorities and determine where content helps achieve goals
- Develop a thorough and ongoing understanding of key MDO personas and pain points
- Build and execute on full-funnel content strategies that further the commercial and brand goals of the company
- Write and edit content, and manage freelance content production, on assets including but not limited to blogs, newsletters, case studies, email copy, webpage copy and video scripts
- Provide content for campaigns related to major brand initiatives and GTM strategies
- Extensive experience as a writer, editor content manager, journalist or related position
- A portfolio of published articles and/or marketing content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage content projects with many stakeholders
- Experience in a product-focused marketing team is a plus
- Experience in nonprofit, government and education sectors, or in the governance, risk or compliance space, is a plus
- Experience working with content management systems like WordPress and/or Sitecore and project management systems like Wrike is a plus
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.