Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
Diligent are looking for someone who has a strong knowledge of development to join our Centre for Global Product Innovation in Budapest and together build our new comprehensive Data Platform. We collect information from tens of thousands of sources and process this large amount of data with various tools including ML classification, NLP, and tagging to provide input for the Data Science team and a wide range of reports for our clients, all built on native AWS.
The ideal candidate will have proven ability to apply effective analysis, design, programming, and testing skills to produce and maintain scaled SaaS software solutions. They will be driven, resourceful and not feel intimidated by significant technical challenges. They will want to take ownership of the features they are working on, proactively drive improvements in software design and development practices, and might work with more junior members of the team to help develop their skills and optimize the performance of the team over time
- Own the entire lifecycle of features you work on, from initial concept to quality production systems
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product team
- Learn and harness new web, mobile, and server technologies to solve complex problems
- In conjunction with our client services team troubleshoot and fix production issues
- Help other team members to grow and improve their technical knowledge as they help you grow and improve
- 5 or more years of experience in software development
- Full-stack web engineer with a proven track record of building and supporting SaaS based products
- You are solutions-oriented, and will choose the right solutions to best accomplish our goals
- Resourceful and fast learner of new technologies and methods
- Experience building and using Rest web services
- Strong SQL Experience
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning or Natural Language Processing
- Knowledge of server administration and dev-ops
Current Tech Stack
- Python Django applications hosted on Google Cloud
- React, Redux, PostGraphile for new front-end development
- Backed by Postgres, Solr, Google Datastore, Redis, SendGrid, PostgREST
- Other tools include Salt, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Celery, Icinga, Grafana, Node.js, Graylog, JIRA, Github
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.