Diligent is the leading governance, risk and compliance (GRC) SaaS company, serving 1 million users from over 25,000 organizations around the world. Our software enables holistic and informed conversations about GRC and ESG to ensure CEOs, CFOs and the board have an integrated view of audit, risk, information security, ethics and compliance from across the organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be creating robust, scalable, and secure microservices that power our SaaS platform and make governance easy for our customers. You’ll have the full power of AWS at your disposal and you’ll be focused on building Serverless solutions (either brand new, or assisting in migrating services to Serverless), typically in TypeScript. As part of our core governance teams, your team will fully own their services (from code to deployment and monitoring), you’ll participate in architecture discussion, and regularly demo to the entire department
- Design and implement secure and scalable solutions using AWS serverless technology.
- Building reusable components using React.JS.
- Help break down initiatives to deliver increments of the requirements to each stage.
- Develop high quality code (e.g. adhering to SOLID principles) with plenty of tests and observability baked-in.
- Optimize your team’s development, and delivery experience, so you and your team can be as productive as possible and regularly deploy to production.
- As is necessary, develop infrastructure as code using Terraform so you can use more of AWS.
- Work in a collaborative environment where you regularly pair, plan, and execute tasks as a team and strive to optimize your team’s Lead Time, Deployment Frequency, Mean-time-to-recovery, and Change Failure Rate.
- Coach and mentor developers, provide guidance on technical designs, and provide constructive code reviews so everyone can grow and learn with you.
- Independently manage your tasks in JIRA without Manager involvement.
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor's in computer science, Engineering, Math, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience delivering large-scale, high availability, secure applications in an agile environment.
- Experience on Python and Django.
- Proficiency in developing RESTful APIs/microservices using Node.js/TypeScript in Open API specifications.
- Experience working with Docker in development.
- Experience on SQL databases.
- Experience on AWS Serverless computing, terraform are a plus.
- Algorithmic/mathematical background is an advantage.
- Graphql is an advantage.
- Understanding of event-driven microservices architecture.
- Hands-on experience in designing & developing complex, scalable, fault-tolerant, high-performance SaaS applications.
- Strong ability to coach, mentor, guide fellow developers on technical design.
- Experience on developing clean, readable, well-tested code adhering to SOLID principles.
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban/Scrum processes.
What Diligent Offers You
- Creativity is ingrained in our culture. We are innovative collaborators by nature. We thrive in exploring how things can be differently both in our internal processes and to help our clients
- We care about our people. Diligent offers a flexible work environment, competitive vacation policy and meeting-free days across the company. We care about our team’s health and wellness and even offer a quarterly health club reimbursement!
- We have teams all over the world. We may be headquartered in New York City, but we have office hubs in Washington D.C., Vancouver, London, Galway, Budapest, Munich, Bengaluru, and Sydney.
- Diversity is important to us. Growing, maintaining and promoting a diverse team is a top priority for us. We foster and encourage diversity through our Employee Resource Groups and provide access to resources and education to support the education of our team, facilitate dialogue, and foster understanding.
Diligent created the modern governance movement. Our world-changing idea is to empower leaders with the technology, insights and connections they need to drive greater impact and accountability – to lead with purpose. Our employees are passionate, smart, and creative people who not only want to help build the software company of the future, but who want to make the world a more sustainable, equitable and better place.
Headquartered in New York, Diligent has offices in Washington D.C., London, Galway, Budapest, Vancouver, Bengaluru, Munich, and Sydney.
We are a drug free workplace. Diligent is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status, protected veteran status, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Diligent's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To all recruitment agencies: Diligent does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diligent employees or any other organization location. Diligent is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.