We’re in search of a kitchen and business leader with culinary chops, a strong ability to inspire and teach others, a passion for real food, and the management skills to run a group of restaurants for DIG. You’re in charge of driving results in your cluster of restaurants and for the company at large. You’ll collaborate with the DIG Support Team to run best in class kitchens and operations. You are adept at reading financial reports and can translate those trends into actionable results. You’ll be an inspirational leader for your team, nurture the next generation of chefs at DIG and keep the love of cooking in the kitchen.
You will have direct oversight over a few of our locations and directly manage 2-4 of our Area Chefs. You will report to the Chief Culinary Officer, and work closely with the Executive Team.
- Encourage a learning environment by ensuring our chefs are always training and teaching cooks.
- Create a passionate culture in which people love to cook and feed others - and experience that joy every single day.
- Translate business trends into innovative menu dishes and specials that our chefs can execute to drive their business forward.
- Ensure our restaurants exceed all DOH food and safety standards.
- Continually improve our kitchen operations to maximize efficiency and meet food and labor costs.
- Be a voice of calm and confidence in high pressure situations and demonstrate leadership through adept problem solving.
- Train our restaurant leaders how to efficiently run the business, cook delicious food, and serve our communities.
- Strong business skills.
- 10 + years running kitchens and strong culinary acumen.
- 5+ years of multi unit experience in restaurants.
- Solid communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong work ethic and an obsession for getting the job done well.
- Ability to problem solve in situations involving many moving parts.
- Two words: organization and cleanliness.
- A ServeSafe certificate.
- Creativity, an open mind.
Work perks: Aside from the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) we also offer:
- Macbook laptop
- Flexible vacation time
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership, based on eligibility
- Bonus potential
- A (hypo-allergenic) dog friendly HQ (they’re amazing stress-relievers)
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.