The next generation of chefs are evolving in DIG restaurants.
Our scratch based kitchens are built around people with a true passion for real good food. We teach home cooks who are excited to share their enthusiasm for food and transform them into skilled chefs. You will advance and gain the ability to work with food, develop leadership skills, and stay sharp in our fast-pace culinary environment. If you are seeking a community where education, purpose, and taste matter, we encourage you to join our fa(r)m.
- Prep, mix, and cook vegetables, using recipes as a guide and taste buds for validation
- Speak to current menu offerings, seasonality, and ingredients with guests - making their day as you provide them with a delicious scratch-made meal (aka: marketbowl)
- Go above and beyond the call of duty, pitching in wherever and whenever necessary
- Follow DIG and health department standards
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Use hands repetitively for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation
- Go home feeling fulfilled knowing you are a part of a bigger mission to rebuild the food system
- A passion for real, good food
- A desire to develop strong culinary skills
- The ability to demonstrate and execute a strong work ethic
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever necessary
- An appreciation for the people you work with
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire for growth
- Commuter benefits
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Our mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, we have focused on the essentials of our mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as we open in new cities and use the platform we’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did we mention free DIG for all employees? We strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as we are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.